what do you think about hecarim/lizard nerfs?

#1wehomiesPosted 3/27/2013 8:00:17 PM
so hecarim and lizard, once again, got ****ed.
i didn't think hecarim+lizard was op, unless heca was fed and steadily got to lategame.
but i can see people thinking it's op but whatever.
but now that hecarim's w's cooldown got increased and lizard's damage got decreased, what do you think is going to happen for hecarim? i still think lizard is a win item on hecarim but i was wondering what the more experienced players think, esp if you've tried it out on pbe.
#2lightdragoon88Posted 3/27/2013 8:03:45 PM
I love using Lizard on jungler.

This nerf made me sad. :(
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#3whatupeveryonehPosted 3/27/2013 8:08:18 PM
I don't think the W nerf is all that bad. 4 seconds sucks but I think it will be manageable.
The lizard nerf however...hmmmm Im not sure about. Was this ever implemented on PBE? If so, does anyone know how it was on Hecarim?
#4Savra104Posted 3/27/2013 8:09:02 PM
wehomies posted...
so hecarim and lizard, once again, got ****ed.
i didn't think hecarim+lizard was op, unless heca was fed and steadily got to lategame.
but i can see people thinking it's op but whatever.
but now that hecarim's w's cooldown got increased and lizard's damage got decreased, what do you think is going to happen for hecarim? i still think lizard is a win item on hecarim but i was wondering what the more experienced players think, esp if you've tried it out on pbe.

Hecarim + Lizard by itself isn't OP.
Hecarim + Lizard + Visage + Iceborn is probably a little OP, though. Once you get those three items, Hecarim can snowball extremely hard. This gets worse when Hecarim moves up to his health item. Thus, he turns into the "unkillable" late game monstrosity we know and love.

I really don't think nerfing Hecarim's W cooldown is going to introduce anything close to "tactical decision-making"... The only thing it encourages is Q start with heavy leash (tactical my ass). Anyone that wants W will still be getting W filled up early because the cooldown is stupidly high.
#5ralalooloo11Posted 3/27/2013 8:21:34 PM
With spirit of elder+iceborn, the maxed out W cooldown is increased by 3.2 seconds. Meh.
I'm not sure about the lizard nerf though.
#6ralalooloo11Posted 3/27/2013 8:24:46 PM
Hecarim: W nerf
Lizard: damage nerf

MmmmmMMMmmmmmmm
Was this ever tested on the PBE?
If it was, how was it?
#7whatupeveryonehPosted 3/27/2013 11:05:24 PM
i think the change my big enough for hecarim+lizard to not be all that effective anymore.
it's still an easy combo to use but not really all that effective.
and the 4 second+ to W is huge. 18 seconds is ridiculous.
#8centurion911Posted 3/27/2013 11:19:34 PM
Since they're not nerfing hec's ult, I'm happy
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#9GreatKiraLordPosted 3/27/2013 11:21:51 PM
So these Hecarim/Lizard nerfs were not put into PBE until now right?
It would've been nice to know how Hecarim+lizard is before the patch but oh well.
Still such a cool champion hehe.
#10wehomies(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 1:44:56 AM
from the looks of it
nobody knows
i guess it was implemented on pbe prior to the patch tomorrow