mordekaiser is far superior in top than in mid

#1thedarklordx3Posted 3/27/2013 8:45:45 PM(edited)
I found this out using logic and by playing about a baker's dozen mordekaiser games

using a slow moving melee champ against quick moving, ranged burst champs is a really really bad idea

this occured to me after I laned against lux, and got wrecked when I wasn't trying out my newly formed hit and run strategy that only works in mid

HOWEVER pretty much every top is melee, and morde has a spammable AOE skill that does great damage, so it makes a lot of sense to put him top where he can't be kited but can technically kite, to horrible effect(kiting someone with a gap closer with a slow moving champion sounds like a really bad idea, ranged AOE or not)
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#2Susan0Posted 3/27/2013 8:45:09 PM
No wraiths at top gg
---
Official Daedric Prince of Madness of All Boards
Akali is my Waifu~ Now, You DIE :D
#3thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 8:48:10 PM
Susan0 posted...
No wraiths at top gg

no lux to effortlessly kite you, snare you and slow you, then finish you off with her kamehameha before you did any real damage to her gg
---
#4JennaTahliaPosted 3/27/2013 8:51:50 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
I found this out using logic and by playing about a baker's dozen mordekaiser games

using a slow moving melee champ against quick moving, ranged burst champs is a really really bad idea

this occured to me after I laned against lux, and got wrecked when I wasn't trying out my newly formed hit and run strategy that only works in mid

HOWEVER pretty much every top is melee, and morde has a spammable AOE skill that does great damage, so it makes a lot of sense to put him top where he can't be kited but can technically kite, to horrible effect(kiting someone with a gap closer with a slow moving champion sounds like a really bad idea, ranged AOE or not)

You do not kite morde, you kill him. He does terrible damage and any bruiser can beat him easy. Also top is a lot easier to gank than mid and everyone knows morde's biggest weakness is jungle ganks when he pushes so hard. Bronze elo detected
---
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/happysack2/TheDog.png
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#5shadyelfPosted 3/27/2013 8:52:04 PM
there's always the jungler argument but good warding would help?
---
?
#6Shadow EdgePosted 3/27/2013 8:53:23 PM
Yeah put a strong pusher where hes easy to gank.
---
ns
#7JennaTahliaPosted 3/27/2013 8:54:20 PM
shadyelf posted...
there's always the jungler argument but good warding would help?

If it's morde top and I'm jungler, i'll take the effort to lane gank him or if hes pushed up far, just run through wards. He has no CC or escapes.
---
http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m631/happysack2/TheDog.png
Add me I'm good. ign Schmelton
#8TomorrowDogPosted 3/27/2013 8:57:37 PM
Every ability he has is aoe and pushes the lane.

He's probably the only champion in the game with absolutely zero CC and zero mobility.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#9thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 9:03:26 PM
I really want someone to explain that top is easier to gank than mid thing to me, one would wonder how a place where a ganker can come from 1 direction is less safe from ganks than one where he can come from 2
---
#10BenWhoDrownedPosted 3/27/2013 9:05:13 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
I really want someone to explain that top is easier to gank than mid thing to me, one would wonder how a place where a ganker can come from 1 direction is less safe from ganks than one where he can come from 2

I don't understand that either, I just accept it as truth. Can someone clarify?