Is Spirit of the Elder Lizard still viable?

#1omega bahumatPosted 3/28/2013 6:02:06 AM
6-40 damage is pretty pathetic tbqh

anyone tried it on PBE? I've been getting it on most of my junglers as a way of making sure people die.
#2FunKeeJPosted 3/28/2013 6:31:28 AM
I'd like to know this as well
I've heard Hecarim with lizard is quite bad in the Korean forums though but it's hard to tell if they are right
---
PSN: FunKeeJ
#3GoldenFantasyPosted 3/28/2013 6:56:21 AM
Pretty sure Ancient Golem trumps it in almost every way.
Ancient Golem: Tanky/Tank junglers
Elder Wraith: AP
Elder Lizard: Tanky (?)

In almost any situation, Golem is better than Lizard. Both give regen, the ad is negligible and Wriggles is better for aa junglers anyways, cdr is meh because there are other items that give cdr and better stats to go with it.

I'm pretty sure Lizard was made for ability junglers, since the burn doesn't get applied to dot spells. IMO, Hec is way better with Golem.

Hec doesn't need ad to do damage. 2 Kindlegems give better stats and they can be made into Shurelias and Visage later.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#4MagiaIcePosted 3/28/2013 7:12:35 AM

In almost any situation, Golem is better than Lizard. Both give regen, the ad is negligible and Wriggles is better for aa junglers anyways, cdr is meh because there are other items that give cdr and better stats to go with it.

I'm pretty sure Lizard was made for ability junglers, since the burn doesn't get applied to dot spells. IMO, Hec is way better with Golem.

Hec doesn't need ad to do damage. 2 Kindlegems give better stats and they can be made into Shurelias and Visage later.

You're not one of those noobs who take ghost on Hecarim because it gives like +3 AD for 2 seconds right?
---
"They can't backdoor when they're coming through the front door..."~Me
Nami is my waifu
#5omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:13:53 AM
GoldenFantasy posted...

50 AD and 10% CDR aids champions like J4, Vi and Xin in their abilitiy to kill targets.

The only time you get Ancient golem is when the enemy team is mostly AD with a lot of CC (Tabi's required). Making it a pretty worthless item to get 90 % of the time. Leaving it as a spirit stone will let you get Warmogs, Randuins, Locket and other items faster.

Spirt of the Lizard Elder on the other hand is useful late game, is extremely cost efficient (10% CDR AND 50 AD AND true damage dot for 2400 gold),=.

Burn applies to Amumu tears, Singed poison, GP Ult, Hecarim Q and W, all of the major jungler abilities, etc...
#6omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:14:13 AM
Oh and on Volibear it procs on EACH lightning strike that hits something.
#7omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:14:54 AM
MagiaIce posted...

You're not one of those noobs who take ghost on Hecarim because it gives like +3 AD for 2 seconds right?

I take ghost because it allows me to gank better more often than a flash and allows me to be more disruptive in teamfights.
#8NicoGrimmPosted 3/28/2013 7:24:11 AM
So, should I be getting Golem instead of Lizard on Vi now? or, does she still benefit more from the extra base damage on it?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#9omega bahumat(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 7:24:59 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
So, should I be getting Golem instead of Lizard on Vi now? or, does she still benefit more from the extra base damage on it?

If Lizard is no longer worth getting get a Madreds, leave it at that and get your true items.

Always build according to the game.
#10nateweiPosted 3/28/2013 7:37:02 AM
GoldenFantasy posted...

Is today backwards day? Everything here is completely false.

Hec needs AD in some form or another to get kills and to aid with lifesteal. Full tank on Hec gets nothing done. I'm always stunned when I see people build him that way and then wonder why they lose.