Another Rune thread...

#1wantfastcarsPosted 3/28/2013 6:23:58 AM
Sorry to keep bringing this up, but I'm still not sure what Runes I should get for Thresh. Earlier I was thinking Flat or Scaling Health Quints, Gold/10 Yellows, Scaling MR Blues and Flat Armor Reds. I looked at a friend's support Rune Page and he had Gold/10 Quints AND Yellows, with Scaling Mana Regen Blues and Reds. I don't usually have that much of a Mana problem as Thresh, but it did get me thinking about using Gold/10 Quints AND Yellows (a buff of +5.3 gold/10, or +7.3/10 with the masteries), which would be a gigantic increase in passive gold accumulation.

Then I looked up the top support Thresh build on Mobafire, and saw him built pure Tank. The top support guide uses 0/30/0 masteries, Health Quints, Armor Yellows, MR Blues, and Health Reds. While I do like the concept of the extreme tankiness that provides, I've been doing well with my (in-process) 0/9/21 masteries, so I don't think that's the build for me.

Looking at the Wiki, and the options that would give the highest bonuses... I'm thinking either Flat Health or Gold/10 Quints, Gold/10 Yellows, Scaling MR Blues, and either Scaling AD (so the passive from my Q hits a bit harder, though since I don't build AD at all that might be worthless), or Flat Armor to help with that early deficit Thresh has. Yellows are set in stone and Blues I'm almost certain on, but I really don't know what to do for my Quints and Reds.

My typical build order, if it helps, is:
Rush Runic Bulwark > Sightstone > Zeke's Herald > Boots of Lucidity w/ Captain (this is about how long games last normally) > Will of the Ancients > Banner of Command (only had a game run long enough to reach that once).

I'm thinking Gold/10 quints would be helpful since that would allow me to pick up a Kage's Lucky Pick early for even faster Gold gain (a total of +11.3/10 with Quints, Yellows, and masteries) and a down-payment of sorts on my WotA, but Health Quints seem like they'd be so nice... though I never really have issues of just getting shredded by champs unless it's a champ I EXPECT to just get shredded by (Akali, champs that nuke hard like Xerath or Veigar). I'm just really unsure. Any and all advice would be appreciated. I'm only level 23 at the moment, so I have 2 Quint slots and 7 each of Reds, Blues, and Yellows.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#2ryanaPosted 3/28/2013 6:25:46 AM(edited)
Just go to one of the many sites that have thresh builds and look what runes they use. There are many, one of them should fit what you want.
#3DesertShinobiPosted 3/28/2013 6:32:41 AM
but for quints, it is never worth it to get scaling. They dont equal the flat until ~lvl 11 which by then the differences are negligible due to items.
---
"The world holds back the strong, so the weak and stupid can be nurtured."-Bolandjf
xbox gamertag-GoW Xx Kyuubi
#4DesertShinobiPosted 3/28/2013 6:45:45 AM
Banner of command also isnt really good unless your team is split pushing (imo at least) as u dont really need a WOTA. You would be better off getting a philo and kage's and just upgrading them. For the philo a shurelya's and for the kages a twin shadows is good.
---
"The world holds back the strong, so the weak and stupid can be nurtured."-Bolandjf
xbox gamertag-GoW Xx Kyuubi
#5wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 6:50:48 AM
Ok... most support guides seem to be saying get Gold/10 Quints, and then recommend Flat Armor for both Yellows AND Reds, with either Flat or Scaling MR Blues. I think I'll go for the Gold/10 Quints instead of Health, and while I like the Gold/10 Yellows a lot... the boost to armor from Flat Yellows is a lot more noticeable than two additional Gold/10 (which could easily be mitigated by an Philo Stone or Kage's). Flat Armor Reds make sense... now the question is: Scaling or Flat MR Blues?
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD