How come nobody uses Morgana anymore?

#41centurion911Posted 3/29/2013 2:29:55 PM
People want champs that can do the DAMAGE man, and that can 100-0 someone in a duel. They don't want pitiful Morg and her unassuming W.

Sure, she can initiate like a boss, catch people out with her Q, and that Black Shield is awesome utility but they want the DAMAGE.

Wait, so if she hits someone with her Q+W+Ult and Ignites them they'll probably die? Oh.

Hold on, she can AFK farm and gank all day?

I guess I don't know why they don't use Morg.

Serious answer: People wanna play her like Lux, and if you play her like Lux she's a sub-par Lux (obviously). Lux doesn't have that initiation/CC though, but no one would play Lux like Morg, because that's just silly.
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#42happyscrub1Posted 3/29/2013 2:40:47 PM
angelwkw3 posted...

You are really over estimating how good 10% spell vamp is on one AoE spell for the first 7 levels. Everyone has sustain in S3 when you no longer had to start boots. You can start 9 pots and 2 wards and you will farm happily against Morgana as many champs.

Who said it was hard to farm vs morgana? I don't think you know how morgana works. No one here said or even implied she'll drive/harass someone out of lane.

You making an argument that never exsisted.
---
Happyscrub's league of legends rank is higher than 95% gamefaqs posters. This is why gamefaqs jealous of him. That's why they troll him. So sad, So bad, so mad.
#43Darkyellow327Posted 3/29/2013 2:41:08 PM
As vanilla as the character she copied her hadouken from.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#44GoldenFantasyPosted 3/29/2013 3:41:09 PM
Darkyellow327 posted...
As vanilla as the character she copied her hadouken from.

Lux has a spell thief skin for a reason.
---
Jesus promised the end of all wicked people. Odin promised the end of all ice giants.
I don't see many ice giants around. - ff12and3rocks
#45Bee123187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 5:35:21 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
lux and morgana have a LOT in common.

i still think lux isnt as good as people claim. and morgana is a great champ. i use her sometimes but thers so many champs :D i love variety too much to use her too much.

I still disagree that they are similar. Just because they have somewhat similar spells, doesn't mean they're similar. Their rolls are completely different.

Lux is more of a poke champion who wants to catch out a squishy and 100-0 them. She's constantly in the back throwing out pokes as much as possible.

Morgana is more of a front line initiator.
---
GC IGN: Bee123187
#46angelwkw3Posted 3/29/2013 8:10:00 PM
happyscrub1 posted...
angelwkw3 posted...

You are really over estimating how good 10% spell vamp is on one AoE spell for the first 7 levels. Everyone has sustain in S3 when you no longer had to start boots. You can start 9 pots and 2 wards and you will farm happily against Morgana as many champs.

Who said it was hard to farm vs morgana? I don't think you know how morgana works. No one here said or even implied she'll drive/harass someone out of lane.

You making an argument that never exsisted.

Actually there were a few people in this topic that said this. You on other hand said that "Morgana can one shot creep waves" which she can't even do until level 7-9 but this implies people will be stuck under their turret making it "hard to farm". Do you understand now? Apparently you think Morgana's level 1 W is going to push them to turret at level 3 and thus the rest of the game.

You can keep playing Morgana and expecting to carry people on your team in Bronze. There's a reason she isn't picked in tourney play anymore.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17/Angelwkw3
#47Rising ChaosPosted 3/30/2013 11:58:14 AM
Morgana can wipe the caster minions at Level 3 with one (Rank 2) W cast and one autoattack each, at Level 5 with (Rank 3) W alone. She can do this with zero items, so she can itemize defensively against assassins and lose no pushing power. This is in stark contrast to a large majority of champions that need to be Level 7/9 and itemize a bunch of extra AD or AP to scale their AoE spell up enough to do the same. If they even have AoE.

She pushes way harder than most other champs and more efficiently to boot. And good luck punishing her for it. Someone's getting snared and you can't hold her down, especially with an AD mid who can't break her shield. Why is Morde a pain for her? He's one of the few champions that can push back equally hard, equally early and sustain it indefinitely because he's manaless. She also can't 100-0 burst him in midgame because of his passive and healing on his ult.

What's Pantheon going to do to Morgana? Get pummeled by minion aggro if he jumps on her because she pushes way harder. Lose CS to his turret if he chases her down the lane, since he can't counterpush and can't farm at range. Run out of mana by the time he gets any damage to stick to her because of her passive and ability to build defenses early. The story's the same for most other AD champs, they aren't any better against Morgana than the typical AP mid.
---
"Pokey and the man."