new karma is still terrible

#11MasterDarkenPosted 3/31/2013 6:27:08 PM
As someone who used Old Karma frequently, I can say its quite the change. But don't underestimate the New Karma or you'll regret it. She has heavy burst early on and even later on, put a little MPen on her and she'll tear through your defenses.

Not sure who you've been playing against or with, but they must have no clue how to use her if you think she's weak. Comparatively, perhaps. But stop comparing and start enjoying the game.
#12Darkyellow327Posted 3/31/2013 6:29:53 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
the lack of veigar disturbs me

Veigar

Did you land E?

Minimum 1 enemy dead
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#13random_noobiePosted 3/31/2013 6:35:23 PM(edited)
Tekutso posted...
u dint include a mantra q, and q has a low cooldown. i think ap karma is pretty good, only played one game but it seems strong as hell to me.

he used the mantra charge on E rather than Q.

ofc karma doesn't have as much burst as other APs. she's not a burst champion, jesus christ. she's a tanky ap brawler. look at her passive. it's made to do consistent damage. building her like ****ing lux and cowering in the back, poking with Qs means you're not doing ****. if you want to play lux, play lux.

i've seen so many karma's rush tear -> deathcap that its disgusting. do people forget that athene's and RoA exist? those are core on karma. her bases are good enough that you don't need immediate AP; delay that deathcap for an RoA/athene's. CDR is KEY on karma.

i've never had success building her like a squishy ap caster via rushing deathcap.

karma is made to be built tanky, waddle into the fray and constantly be throwing out spells.

plus, look at her utility. if she had the burst of some other APs, she'd be ridiculously overpowered.

is she in the perfect spot? probably not.

she's much better than before, however.
---
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein
LoL IGN: nvmvoidrays
#14DeanyzyPosted 3/31/2013 6:40:29 PM
I don't understand how anyone could say Old Karma is better and I say that as a hardcore Karma fan. Her shield lost a bit of strength and she lost the AoE heal but but the pros outweigh the cons.

She has decent range now, she can actually go mid and do well while her top game is largely untouched. Q is stupidly powerful and spammable, especially at 40% CDR (and what self respecting Karma player doesn't go into battle armed with max CDR?), W feels a lot more useful and her shield's utility has been increased with the movement speed buff.

Try ganking a good Karma in lane, it ain't gonna happen.

Her Mantra makes a lot more sense now and feels more impactful, Q is ridiculous, W is useful for trades and E is good for playing defensive in a teamfight, all the mantra abilities feel useful and due to the fact that they scale independantly from the abilities it makes them all viable options.

Pretty much everything she does is miles better then what she did before.
#15WebBowserPosted 3/31/2013 6:54:54 PM
Deanyzy posted...
I don't understand how anyone could say Old Karma is better and I say that as a hardcore Karma fan. Her shield lost a bit of strength and she lost the AoE heal but but the pros outweigh the cons.

She has decent range now, she can actually go mid and do well while her top game is largely untouched. Q is stupidly powerful and spammable, especially at 40% CDR (and what self respecting Karma player doesn't go into battle armed with max CDR?), W feels a lot more useful and her shield's utility has been increased with the movement speed buff.

Her Mantra makes a lot more sense now and feels more impactful, Q is ridiculous, W is useful for trades and E is good for playing defensive in a teamfight, all the mantra abilities feel useful and due to the fact that they scale independantly from the abilities it makes them all viable options.

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!
#16Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 3/31/2013 6:57:42 PM
I would like for her shield to have a longer lasting speed buff that decays rather than the max pathetic 1.25 second duration it has now. Other than that, she's not too bad.
---
Why are you peeking in the mailbox, Razieru. -Vyers
3DS FC: 1032-2577-9994
#17lightdragoon88Posted 3/31/2013 8:33:07 PM
WebBowser posted...
Deanyzy posted...

Pretty much my thoughts on the subject

Me too. Anyone saying Old Karma is better is trying to act cool by being retro.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#18YusukenlPosted 3/31/2013 8:45:25 PM(edited)
Only prob of new karma right now is R's CD being too long with only 1 charge

kinda lost her unquieness
#19XGreatKingPosted 3/31/2013 8:47:22 PM
Karma is even more terrible now. Make the ult what it used to be with 2 charges max and she'll be okay.
---
If you eat like a noob, you will be owned like a noob
~Legendary Hippo~
#20YusukenlPosted 3/31/2013 8:53:19 PM
Or make her an mid game item that let her store 1 more charge