League of Legends matchmaking is malfunctioning

#1Xander7756Posted 3/29/2013 9:16:46 PM
The League of Legends matchmaking system currently seems to be malfunctioning as a player has been trying to find a match in the game for over an hour with no success.

http://www.examiner.com/article/league-of-legends-matchmaking-is-broken

Any of you guys having these problems?
#2TekutsoPosted 3/29/2013 9:18:10 PM
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK, THIS IS ADVERTISEMENT AND BANNABLE MODS, REPORT THIS MAN.
---
"Every man is guilty of all the good he didnt do"~Voltaire
#3Svara_DodolaPosted 3/29/2013 9:18:48 PM
Yeah. I even exited and relaunched the game. Same thing. Also been getting terrible lag when I do get matched. Players also seem to be lagging since they don't select champs.
---
Basking Rootwalla (1 Green, 1/1 creature) Tap: Basking Rootwalla gains +3/+3 until end of turn
#4jman879Posted 3/29/2013 9:21:58 PM
5 min queue wait so far
---
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/jman879/207qoznfl4.gif http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/jman879/1337808018568.png
#5Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:23:22 PM
Svara_Dodola posted...
Yeah. I even exited and relaunched the game. Same thing. Also been getting terrible lag when I do get matched. Players also seem to be lagging since they don't select champs.

Hmm, have you seen anything on the forums about why this is happening?
#6Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:23:54 PM
Tekutso posted...
DO NOT CLICK THE LINK, THIS IS ADVERTISEMENT AND BANNABLE MODS, REPORT THIS MAN.

It is actually news, not and advertisement, and as you would see by the replies it is happening to lots of people.
#7Svara_DodolaPosted 3/29/2013 9:34:54 PM
Decided to just let the queuing process take it's time while I finish up some chores. After about 30 minutes I finally got into a game. 4 of the player icons were red, however, the game continued into champion select anyway. It took me awhile to get into champion. By the time I was able to select a champion, the rest of the time was already locked. Their names looked like bits of code and Korean writing. No one was support, so I chose Taric.

Team was Karma (mid), Zac (jungle), Vayne (bot), Taric (bot), and Riven top.

When the game started, no one left the fountain until minions spawned. I thought that I might have accidentally went into bots. People played normally. Game did lag a bit whenever a teamfight started.

Faced against a Karma support who was using the traditional skin. However, her model was the old Karma. After destroying the bot turret, my game crashed.
---
Basking Rootwalla (1 Green, 1/1 creature) Tap: Basking Rootwalla gains +3/+3 until end of turn
#8Xander7756(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 9:44:17 PM
Svara_Dodola posted...
Decided to just let the queuing process take it's time while I finish up some chores. After about 30 minutes I finally got into a game. 4 of the player icons were red, however, the game continued into champion select anyway. It took me awhile to get into champion. By the time I was able to select a champion, the rest of the time was already locked. Their names looked like bits of code and Korean writing. No one was support, so I chose Taric.

Team was Karma (mid), Zac (jungle), Vayne (bot), Taric (bot), and Riven top.

When the game started, no one left the fountain until minions spawned. I thought that I might have accidentally went into bots. People played normally. Game did lag a bit whenever a teamfight started.

Faced against a Karma support who was using the traditional skin. However, her model was the old Karma. After destroying the bot turret, my game crashed.

Wow that IS really weird. What level are you?
#9Svara_DodolaPosted 3/29/2013 9:51:54 PM
When I reconnected to the game I was relieved to know that the team was still able to hold their own. I noticed something odd though. My entire team was standing next to Dragon along with the entire enemy team. No one was even fighting. I decided to play along for the fun of it and wanted to stand with them. When I went to the Dragon lair I was immediately attacked by Dragon. I wanted to run away, but the game started to lag badly. Once I died the game stopped lagging and I could hear everyone spamming their laugh.
---
#10BenWhoDrownedPosted 3/29/2013 10:15:55 PM
Are we playing creepypasta?