OP Champs in SoloQ

#1KawaiiUPosted 3/29/2013 10:18:49 PM
So we know champs like Shen, Zed, Ryze, etc are all OP/borderline OP in organized matches. However, in SoloQ it's a bit different IMHO. I'm only in gold and it seems like there are a lot of you that are in diamond/platinum. But my friend (diamond1 who made a guide or two in Korean forum: lol.inven.co.kr. he made Top/Mid Nidalee guide here for example: http://lol.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/champion/manualToolView.php?idx=58710) and I (gold 5) would like to share our "list" of soloQ OP champs and would also like to hear yours out. Preferably those in plat (YOu guys can ignore my opinion since I'm barely in gold5).

My list:
Kayle
Hecarim
Volibear (I know so many people will laugh at me for saying this lol)
Ryze

My friend's list:
Hecarim
TF
Volibear
Ryze

Regarding Hecarim, he says the W was always a supportive damage output and not the main source of damage and that the nerf is noticeable but didn't bring Hecarim down from OP status. As for Volibear, most Koreans (including my friend) believe Volibear is OP and that it will be nerfed soon (I disagree). He also said that he wanted to put Zed on the list but decided not to since even a good Zed player that can utilize Zed well won't be able to play him well in soloQ most of the time. And he thinks TF and Ryze are still OP even in soloQ.
Oh and he thinks Shen sucks in soloQ and is usually a deadweight (ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know about that).
#2BrockObanaPosted 3/29/2013 10:21:11 PM
Goddamn...
Diamond I tier....
I wish I could understand Korean :(
I don't know about others but Hecarim in soloQ is ridiculous.
---
"I'm going to block this kid for the same reason as I mute screaming 12-year olds in the game." -COD hero-
#3Master_strikerPosted 3/29/2013 10:22:12 PM
I agree with him.

Till you reach plat, shen is bad in solo q. It just hurts me when i see a shen wiyh flash ignite building a brutaliser and with base armor.
---
yooooooo
#4FlameLord23Posted 3/29/2013 10:22:14 PM
Elise
Blitz
---
Annie TDC Hastur Shut up jesus.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#5youNmeGirlPosted 3/29/2013 10:22:26 PM
But pick rate and ban rate for Hecarim at plat and above is pretty low.
#6KawaiiU(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 10:25:03 PM
youNmeGirl posted...
But pick rate and ban rate for Hecarim at plat and above is pretty low.

The Koreans re-discovered Hecarim+lizard recently.

Master_striker posted...
I agree with him.

Till you reach plat, shen is bad in solo q. It just hurts me when i see a shen wiyh flash ignite building a brutaliser and with base armor.

Yeah -_-;;;;
Shen is used really poorly.
Apparently Shen is used very poorly even in diamond tiers.
I'm in gold so it Shen just sucks all the time lol.
I see jungler Shen a lot
#7whatupeveryonehPosted 3/29/2013 10:28:37 PM(edited)
Hecarim is OP in plat and diamond?
WHAT? If your friend is a diamond 1 player and thinks Hecarim in soloQ is OP (even after the patch), he sucks and climbed the elo tiers by luck or some bs.
lolok I'm pretty sure most plats and diamonds are going to disagree whether it be on soloq or not.
#8GreatKiraLordPosted 3/29/2013 10:34:36 PM
I go to inven a lot as well and Shen is "unanimously" considered OP in platinum+ Solo Que.
#9ugotmailbroPosted 3/29/2013 10:39:04 PM
http://lol.inven.co.kr/dataninfo/champion/manualToolView.php?idx=59532

This guy is the #1 Shen user in Korea at the moment and is in diamond tier 1.
I asked him about Shen and how to effectively use Shen and during the talk, he said that he thins Shen is OP SShipOP (a way of saying OP as ****).
#10Xander7756Posted 3/29/2013 10:43:52 PM
Fizz.