Twisted Fate tips

#1HeartlessCharmsPosted 3/29/2013 11:11:09 PM
I've seen some people say he's really good and can carry in Solo que but I've got a few questions before I buy him.
How should I play him? Top/mid/bot? Enlighten me on Pick-A-Card. Why is his skill gap so high?
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#2SilenVtPosted 3/29/2013 11:22:53 PM
He's much better as a AP mid where he can effectively use his Ult (a global teleport that gives vision of all enemy champions). His pick a card order is blue (mana), gold (stun) and red (aoe slow) always in that order. However, the color of the card is random so do not expect to pick the one card you want right away
#3divineshotPosted 3/29/2013 11:25:34 PM
its simple.

TF is a champ that requires high skill because it requires map knowledge, mastery of the character, and great map awareness.

The key to him being great is his ult. A ganking teleport and a reveal all enemy champ thats global can be very good with a team that communicates.

Pick a card is like having three different abilities in 1 that you can't pick naturally unless you know the pattern of red, blue, and yellow card. They shuffle about your head until you press w again to lock in. In the heat of battle pressing the wrong card can be a death sentence, for you and for your team.

He is mostly pick mid.

Hopefully that answers your question.
---
Gamertag: PhantomCheez
#4darkwing1232Posted 3/29/2013 11:27:31 PM
his early laning game is extremely weak and has little to no burst but once you get some AP and his ult, his roaming potential skyrockets.
#5HeartlessCharms(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 11:29:36 PM
Sounds good. Should I buy him though, as a beginner myself?
He seems good, if you're good.
---
All I have in life is my new appetite for failure.
#6DartkunPosted 3/29/2013 11:33:02 PM(edited)
SilenVt posted...
He's much better as a AP mid where he can effectively use his Ult (a global teleport that gives vision of all enemy champions). His pick a card order is blue (mana), gold (stun) and red (aoe slow) always in that order. However, the color of the card is random so do not expect to pick the one card you want right away

It's not random, it's on a 125ms timer that is always active the moment you level the skill. Even if your PAC is on CD, your timer is ticking and thus the card is also changing.

If you train yourself to memorize timing you can almost always know exactly what card will first show above your head when your PAC comes off cooldown.

If your PAC changes to Blue at exactly 1 minute and 6 seconds. You know for a fact that in exactly 20 seconds you'll pull a Gold. Always. Thus you can double tap the PAC and get gold without waiting for it to rotate fully.

Edit: and not saying you should try to do this, most people can't or even try because they don't think it's necessarily. I'm just clarifying a point.
---
I don't sugarcoat things | Logic > Feelings
youtube.com/user/Shinius
#7ikilledkenny2Posted 3/29/2013 11:33:23 PM
his card order goes gold blue red, not blue gold red
#8FlakconPosted 3/29/2013 11:50:47 PM
PAC is not random. It always go in this order Red Yellow Blue. Each option lasts a few fraction of a second before the next card. Let's say you cast Blue immediately when it changed, the next time you use PAC the card still has to go through the few second I mentioned earlier before changing. This means that you could cast 2 Blues in a row before it changes.

TF is not a beginner's champion. He doesn't have an escape skill like most APC. He plays well as an ADC/Hybrid but you need to prioritize buildings atkspd.
if you play AP, up 2 1 3 then max 1 then 2 before 3. Harass your lane with a blue card each time it's available. To gang with your ult, on PAC before teleporting and select gold card while teleporting. It doesn't cancel your channeling. Once your stun hits, attack once then throw skill 1
---
PSN: theSkarekro
P4A: Akihiko | AE'12: Adon Sagat
#9HevansPosted 3/29/2013 11:56:44 PM
you go mid. start with w, but max q first. focus on your cs. if the enemy champ comes within range pop your w for a gold card, stun, and then hit them with your q. blue card on creeps for mana when needed. after like level 9(ish) you'll be able to clear line of creeps with your q alone. make sure you buy wards then use your q to poke them down when they are pushed in. when you have control of your lane you can use your ult to gank bot or top. just wait for the other team to push. ult in behind the other team. usually ina bush so they don't see you coming.
---
Hevans, Odin
#10Arken101Posted 3/30/2013 12:17:27 AM
Build AP. Q stuff. Gank lanes when Ult is up. Grats on Plat.
---
[http://animebot.everyboty.net/pix/866.jpg] [http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png]
Disregard Choices, Acquire Swain Garen's mai waifu