Rate the Champion Pre-day: Should I do this?

#1wantfastcarsPosted 3/30/2013 10:11:32 AM
This idea is... - Results (19 votes)
Overpowered (very good)
26.32% (5 votes)
Overbalanced (pretty good)
26.32% (5 votes)
Balanced (ok)
26.32% (5 votes)
Underbalanced (a bad idea)
5.26% (1 votes)
Underpowered (a really bad idea)
15.79% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Something that's been running for a while on the TF2 board got me thinking... why not do it here? On the TF2 board, for quite a while a daily series ran asking the users what they thought of the balance of a certain weapon. I figured I could do the same for League of Legends Champions, unless this board shuts be down and this gets a huge negative reaction, so I'm bringing up this first day as a simple question of whether or not you would like to see me do this.

A quick explanation of terms:
"Overpowered" (4.4 - 5.0) - unambiguously WAY too good at what they do. Hit too hard, CC too long, etc. Almost always the best choice for a given role. A bad player could often fluke into a victory with an Overpowered champion.
"Overbalanced" (3.6 - 4.3) - too good at what they do, but something keeps them from being brokenly Overpowered. Often a good choice for their role, but not necessarily the best.
"Balanced" (2.7 - 3.5) - hopefully this one doesn't need too much explanation. They do their job, no one else's, and matchups/counters and skill alone determine the victor.
"Underbalanced" (1.8 - 2.6) - a champion is weak, but not unusably so. Most other champs for their role do the job better, but someone exceptionally good with an underbalanced could still pull off a victory.
"Underpowered" (1.0 - 1.7) - a champion that is underpowered is not worth using. Poorly designed or weak kit, doesn't synergize well with team, and needs godlike levels of skill to be played at the level of a mediocre player using a balanced champion.

I plan on going through the champions alphabetically (starting with Ahri and ending with Zyra) for simplicity's sake, but if a champion receives major buffs or nerfs during the process and after they've been voted for, they will be slotted in at the back of the queue. For example, say we vote Ahri to be "Overbalanced," but later she gets a significant nerf to one of her abilities. If you wanted a revote for her, I would put her back in at the end of the list after Zyra.

Each day, I would post the results of the previous day, and the new champion. The way I plan on tallying votes is, instead of simple majority, assigning each option a point value (i.e. overpowered = 5, overbalanced = 4, etc.), summing the point value, and dividing by the number of votes. For example, if Ahri received three votes for "Balanced" and one for "Overbalanced," she would receive a score of 3.3 (3 + 3 + 3 + 4 = 13/4 = 3.25 rounded to 3.3) and a rating of "Balanced." I'm aware the score range for each section isn't perfectly even, but I feel it is split fairly enough.

So, GameFAQs - do I do it or not?
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#2FvPPosted 3/30/2013 10:12:07 AM
Up to you. I'll vote
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#3wantfastcars(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:35:35 AM
More than four votes would be appreciated...
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD