Wait, dodging a pre-game lobby lowers your LP?

#1Elemental FusionPosted 3/30/2013 10:31:59 AM(edited)
So, yeah, I took like a 2-month break from LoL and starting playing again ~2weeks ago to find this new ranking system.

I was up for promotion with 1 win and 1 loss. So we had one of those players that was lower pick but takes a role that's already been filled - I really didn't trust a team of 2 adc's (with a player who obviously only cares about themselves and doesn't communicate as a team) against the enemy team who had both akali and zed. So I dodge. Now I'm no longer up for promotion, in addition to a time penatly?

Why does riot think punishing the players who are willing to communicate will help? >_>
---
"My disbelief is like an iron fortress of disbelief... patrolled by Superman. And he doesn't believe you either."
#2XcZeus3469Posted 3/30/2013 10:33:24 AM
because otherwise there would be mass dodging everytime people dont get their way. I like it.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#3Elemental Fusion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:37:18 AM
because otherwise there would be mass dodging everytime people dont get their way. I like it.

But now you have to suffer through matches that might start you off at a severe disadvantage due to some troll or d-bag. I'm not sure I consider that better.
---
"My disbelief is like an iron fortress of disbelief... patrolled by Superman. And he doesn't believe you either."
#4SexyPlasmaBeamPosted 3/30/2013 10:38:34 AM
Dodgers should be banned for annoyance.
---
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%D
#5Elemental Fusion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:39:21 AM
Dodgers should be banned for annoyance.

Really, you think I should be banned given those circumstances? I don't make a habbit of it.
---
#6tivanenkPosted 3/30/2013 10:40:37 AM
Elemental Fusion posted...

But now you have to suffer through matches that might start you off at a severe disadvantage due to some troll or d-bag. I'm not sure I consider that better.

You're no better when you dodge.
---
Quinn is mai waifu.
#7thanatos313Posted 3/30/2013 10:42:19 AM(edited)

or someone who's new and doesnt know exactly what you would like him to pick or possibly only knows the champion he picked.
---
poke white FC: 4299 0210 7763
http://www.youtube.com/user/thanatos313games
#8Elemental Fusion(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 10:42:08 AM

You're no better when you dodge.

Clearly your sense of right or wrong is warped beyond reason.
---
#9SoljahPosted 3/30/2013 10:45:36 AM
I think the pros outweight the cons. Sure it sucks that you had a dbag, but what about all those people who didnt get their way who dodge. Or worse yet, what if there was no doge...lol.
---
Your Friendly Monster Hunter Soljah
http://i.imgur.com/BzYfm.jpg
#10SmalvehPosted 3/30/2013 10:48:21 AM
You gotta keep in mind your opponent might also have a troll or d-bag. In theory, you benefit from this system just as often as you suffer from it.