What is with people and mid?

#1TheSteelPhoenixPosted 3/30/2013 1:01:57 PM
Just had several games where someone called mid, then someone else contested it, picks got stupid, then someone dodged.

Why is it there are so many people who throw huge tantrums if they don't get mid? This last game someone just said "I'm not gonna be a support b****"
---
lol
#2Mitsune_RakaenPosted 3/30/2013 1:05:09 PM
People normally go into a game knowing what role they want to play and don't like being forced to jungle/support/ad when they don't know how/are bad at it.
---
You can't take the sky from me.
#3dotsdfePosted 3/30/2013 1:06:30 PM
Mid has a varied selection of ability-focused champions, and is a lane that doesn't really rely on others outside of ganks. Not a surprise that most people would be drawn to mid.
---
Winner of the Third Hacked User Contest.
World's #1 Phoenix Wright fan.
#4CunningedgePosted 3/30/2013 1:11:39 PM
People are afraid of learning new roles and getting yelled at for being bad at a role. I haven't got a chance to play top or mid in weeks lol... I just jungle and bot for now, because it's available. I usually play my top champs in the Twisted Treeline or in the Jungle.
---
XBL: Crimson Mask
#5OneOrMoreErrorsPosted 3/30/2013 1:13:01 PM
Because of TSM, Team Solo Mid.
---
Attack the argument, not the person. This isn't politics.
#6peetotPosted 3/30/2013 2:05:11 PM
I go mid because I feel extremely confident that I won't lose my lane. Unless their jungler is rammus (who f***s me beyond belief), I win my lane. That way, I tell our jungler to not gank my lane and to help the other ones so it gives me a higher chance of winning.
#7omegaraijinPosted 3/30/2013 2:08:04 PM
It's the easiest lane to play and you don't have to depend on someone else to gank most of the time.
#8FvPPosted 3/30/2013 2:09:34 PM
People think they are the greatest and can carry every game. Then when they lose, they put the blame on others

It's so easy for them to make excuses
---
FvP | falco_vs_peach | *^*"The Shinies" Member*^* | Adventure Time Member
PBWSB | PDPSB | /pdpsb/ | PBWSB User Tournament Winner: DiabIo
#9thedarklordx3Posted 3/30/2013 2:11:29 PM
mid and top are fun

adc is more fun than jungler if it goes well

jungling is fun if it goes well

support isn't very fun

doing badly isn't fun

popularity: explained

that also means that the higher up, the more chance the person will be a douche though, due to the law of large numbers
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#10infinitexxPosted 3/30/2013 2:23:31 PM
Mitsune_Rakaen posted...
People normally go into a game knowing what role they want to play and don't like being forced to jungle/support/ad when they don't know how/are bad at it.

Well people need to learn to play the game then, you can't always get what you want.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1