Why don't more people take Thresh top?

#1EmoglobinPosted 3/30/2013 3:59:37 PM
He can outpoke melee champs with ease, farm like a pro thanks to his insane AA damage, escape ganks with his E and R, has a multipurpose grab/gapcloser, is innately tanky, and is stupidly fun.

Yes, he has no sustain, but neither do guys like Darius and Jax.
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#2happyscrub1Posted 3/30/2013 4:01:45 PM
Do it and come back and report.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSIx7UwJjks
Enough picking on kids, back to 9-11
#3Emoglobin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 4:03:20 PM(edited)
happyscrub1 posted...
Do it and come back and report.

10/4/19

Vs. Jax by the way.
---
"There's no point having the biggest and most explosive gun operated by someone who can only use a slingshot. That's what the Vita is"
#4happyscrub1Posted 3/30/2013 4:07:17 PM
inb4 "Jax OP!!! That jax was bad!!!!" durrrrrrrrrrrrr
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSIx7UwJjks
Enough picking on kids, back to 9-11
#5Darkyellow327Posted 3/30/2013 4:08:51 PM
Emoglobin posted...
He can outpoke melee champs with ease, farm like a pro thanks to his insane AA damage, escape ganks with his E and R, has a multipurpose grab/gapcloser, is innately tanky, and is stupidly fun.

Yes, he has no sustain, but neither do guys like Darius and Jax.

Because not obeying the meta means you have to feed. "ZOMG support top even though he can be built to be a bruiser!?!? Nabs! Nabs! Nabs! GG REPORT KTHXBAI"
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#6-Hydreigon-Posted 3/31/2013 1:49:08 PM
I dunno he's strong as BALLS
---
Vyro of http://www.eShopGamers.com/
~I review crap~
#7Ravid182Posted 3/31/2013 2:04:50 PM
It is kinda gimickey but does alright.
#8mD_atheistPosted 3/31/2013 2:09:33 PM
Because Thresh is a beast support and has better use bottom. I main adc, usually mf, if i duo with my friend we steam roll teams when he plays thresh. We win lane no matter what support he plays but playing thresh is almost an auto win for us.
---
"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."
- via the Treaty of Tripoli, signed by John Adams
#9TSXZZZXPosted 3/31/2013 2:23:19 PM
well people tend to think of thresh as a support instead of a top laner. but his disruption and kit make for an insane amount of top lane shinnanaganz

i remember getting wrecked really hard as a jax player vs thresh just because of the amount of disruption he has.

however he doesnt gain any sort of armor naturally and starts really low. if you can bully him away from the souls he'll be very weak until he can farm and get those souls he needs to be tanky.
#10HHUK2K01Posted 3/31/2013 2:31:57 PM
He's a very specific counter to some AD tops in how he can stack armor and passively get armor while harassing with relative ease.

Lane swap an AP champion up there and they'll have an easy time if the jungler isn't there to babysit and take advantage of the Thresh hook gank setup.

As Renekton I got hardcore camped and although Thresh couldn't outright kill me, I could combo him and barely scratch him, by the time I got some armor pen, he was getting a chain vest and more. Thresh and the jungler pushed my tower down early giving me some free farm at the inner turret and if Thresh ever tried to split push my jungler would get right on him. He's an annoyance more than anything, he starved me of gold early on but the safe farming allowed me to get back in the game.

Come late game he'll drop off a fair bit.