Low Vision-friendly Tank?

#11DeathGivenFleshPosted 3/30/2013 5:14:47 PM
On a more topic oriented not. Singed, Galio, Zac, Wukong, are all bruiser/tanky type characters that have a (or more) escape options that will help you in terms of getting away from the ganks you're missing.

I will admit however that Map awareness is huge in League of legends. It may become extremely frustrating for you.
#12rkade8583(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:16:54 PM
*sigh* I'd heard stories about the community.

Look, I am legally blind. I have a detached retina in my left eye and 20/400 vision in my right eye. I can only look at so much of the screen at a time. If I'm watching the chat, I can't watch the field. If I'm watching the map, I can't watch the chat. Etc. I am very good at what I can do. I want to be very good at this game. To do that, I need a character with whom I can excel with. I am not an idiot but the staggering number of champions is daunting to any newbie, let alone someone like me.

I want a melee character that is good at surviving and good enough at building busting. I have no interest in taking on other champions because I know my weakness. I've kind of had it for 30 years going now.
---
I'm the Rubik's cube of the human genome.
XBLAGT: RKade8583 Feel free to add me but say where you're from in the message, please.
#13rkade8583(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:19:03 PM
DeathGivenFlesh posted...
On a more topic oriented not. Singed, Galio, Zac, Wukong, are all bruiser/tanky type characters that have a (or more) escape options that will help you in terms of getting away from the ganks you're missing.

I will admit however that Map awareness is huge in League of legends. It may become extremely frustrating for you.

Is there anything about those characters I should know? How are they different from one another?

Eventually, I would like to get a buddy system going via a voice program. If I've got a pair of eyes attached to a mouth telling me where I need to be, I'd imagine I'd be just fine. Hell, it works for WoW :)
---
XBLAGT: RKade8583 Feel free to add me but say where you're from in the message, please.
#14EzMoadePosted 3/30/2013 5:19:58 PM
Get Rammus or Alistar. Both are extremely durable and have great escape abilities and both have abilities that do damage to buildings.
#15alcaPWNED212Posted 3/30/2013 5:20:04 PM
rkade8583 posted...

Look, I am legally blind. I have a detached retina in my left eye and 20/400 vision in my right eye. I can only look at so much of the screen at a time. If I'm watching the chat, I can't watch the field. If I'm watching the map, I can't watch the chat. Etc. I am very good at what I can do. I want to be very good at this game. To do that, I need a character with whom I can excel with. I am not an idiot but the staggering number of champions is daunting to any newbie, let alone someone like me.

I want a melee character that is good at surviving and good enough at building busting. I have no interest in taking on other champions because I know my weakness. I've kind of had it for 30 years going now.

Honestly you shouldnt be playing this game if you are legally blind. You're just going to be crippling your team by not being able to recognize warnings from chat/ pings.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#16Darkyellow327Posted 3/30/2013 5:20:09 PM
rkade8583 posted...

Ignore the chat most of the time. You're not missing much as long as you look at the map and are a good thinker. Alistar is easy because he's very tanky. Taric is easy because he is tanky, has a heal, has an armor buff/debuff + nuke, and a good aura for an ult that has an AoE damage activate.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#17wantfastcarsPosted 3/30/2013 5:20:29 PM
Nautilus. He has a self-shield that scales based on bonus health, his passive is that basic attacks stun an enemy for .5 seconds (can only trigger on the same enemy once every 8 seconds), he has a huge AoE slow, a gap closer that you cab grab onto walls and pull yourself to them with, and the ult is a knockup.
---
Now Playing: BL2, TF2, LoL
i5-3570k | Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz RAM | EVGA GeForce GTX670 FTW | Asus P8Z77-V LK | Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB HDD
#18omegaraijinPosted 3/30/2013 5:21:02 PM
Singed is tanky and a close ranged fighter. Rammus is also tanky and gets AD if you build armor. Mundo's R can be used as a heal and escape so there's him as well.
#19DarkLagunaPosted 3/30/2013 5:21:21 PM
You probably want to stick Top then. That's where most of the tanky, short-range bruiser characters end up. Unfortunately, I don't see this game working out for you in high level or ranked play, but if you just play normals and play the game casually, you can still have some fun with it.

Some suggestions for tanky top laners would be Garen, Darius, Jax, Riven... There's a lot, just look up the more popular top lane characters.

There's nothing wrong with playing this game for fun, and to play with friends, but do keep in mind that it's mainly a team based game, so unless you can work around your disability (and it's certainly possible), I wouldn't get too serious about it.

If I could offer some suggestions, maybe you could play an arranged team with friends, and play with skype or some other voice chat system, so that they can communicate to you that way, and even keep an eye on the map for you. I could see that working out pretty well for you, since even in ranked a lot of players don't watch their minimap enough. But do whatever helps you have fun; don't let the toxic community turn you off of a fun game, if you enjoy it.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#20rkade8583(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:25:02 PM
DarkLaguna posted...
You probably want to stick Top then. That's where most of the tanky, short-range bruiser characters end up. Unfortunately, I don't see this game working out for you in high level or ranked play, but if you just play normals and play the game casually, you can still have some fun with it.

Some suggestions for tanky top laners would be Garen, Darius, Jax, Riven... There's a lot, just look up the more popular top lane characters.

There's nothing wrong with playing this game for fun, and to play with friends, but do keep in mind that it's mainly a team based game, so unless you can work around your disability (and it's certainly possible), I wouldn't get too serious about it.

If I could offer some suggestions, maybe you could play an arranged team with friends, and play with skype or some other voice chat system, so that they can communicate to you that way, and even keep an eye on the map for you. I could see that working out pretty well for you, since even in ranked a lot of players don't watch their minimap enough. But do whatever helps you have fun; don't let the toxic community turn you off of a fun game, if you enjoy it.

Yeah, I had to do that with ME3's multiplayer and we ended up wrecking platinum. Gotta love Vangardium Leviosa.
---