Dryus on his facebook page is complaining about Rumble nerfs

#1AStrawhatPiratePosted 3/30/2013 8:41:30 PM
Saying that he will never use him again until Riot buffs him....

I am trying to explain to my friend that he is trolling
---
Lakers are the greatest franchise in NBA history
#2the_rowanPosted 3/30/2013 8:50:11 PM(edited)
The nerf kinda destroyed him though. Riot clearly has no idea WTF they're talking about with the whole "We intended it to be an AoE crowd control spell", because you need crowd control to keep them in the ult. The area it covers is just way too small to do anything at all unless the entire fight takes place in a narrow choke.

Like the ult literally does absolutely nothing to anyone with a dash/blink now except one tick of damage. It's the difference between chunking Ezreal for 1/3 of his health or doing absolutely nothing at all.

If you're going to require 5 whole seconds for the ult to do its damage, then it can't require you to wait for everyone on the enemy team to blow all their mobility spells and not be able to walk out before it can be used.
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#3infinitexxPosted 3/30/2013 8:50:47 PM
the_rowan posted...
The nerf kinda destroyed him though. Riot clearly has no idea WTF they're talking about with the whole "We intended it to be an AoE crowd control spell", because you need crowd control to keep them in the ult.

Crowd control as in area denial, not as in the colloquial CC that is generally used.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#4BurnumMasterPosted 3/30/2013 8:55:31 PM
That nerf was pretty stupid. If they wanted to make a difference at least make it do the initial damage if he is in the heat meter or something.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#5FlameLord23Posted 3/30/2013 9:00:03 PM
Riot Games
Rumbles ultimate was intended to be an area control effect but, with the large upfront damage it deals, it tends to be used more as a long-range nuke instead. With this patch, were adjusting The Equalizer to better match its original intent.

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-35-notes

Not crowd control. AREA control. You can't go in it or you die. If you're in it you have to get out. It's matching the intent they have for his ult.
---
Annie TDC Hastur Shut up jesus.
LoL IGN: I Rock Ths
#6SharzakenatorPosted 3/30/2013 9:40:09 PM
then why the hell have the animation be rockets that deal no damage on impact
---
I got so much love I don't know where to put it
#7BurnumMasterPosted 3/30/2013 9:42:47 PM
Sharzakenator posted...

Or why be rockets at all? What is the point of shooting rockets that hit people and do nothing.
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#8DualitypainPosted 3/30/2013 9:55:06 PM
Rumble is still stupid strong regardless. His ult was meant to zone out an area, split up teams, or kill those stupid enough to stay in. It was beyond stupid to have him shoot it behind a tower to snipe someone lux/ez ult style. It wasn't meant to do that, so they made it not able to do that.
---
LoL IGN: Mr Microwave
#9SharzakenatorPosted 3/30/2013 10:10:24 PM
BurnumMaster posted...
Sharzakenator posted...

Or why be rockets at all? What is the point of shooting rockets that hit people and do nothing.

right
---
#10SharzakenatorPosted 3/30/2013 10:10:44 PM
my point being if it were really for area control then it wouldn't have been rockets in the first place
---