How do you play ZED?

#1ugotmailbroPosted 3/30/2013 9:26:42 PM
I bought him because he's good and looks badass.
I'm not going to lie about that.
However, goddamn he's hard to use.
How do you use Zed effectively?
Before I get into choosing whether I want to play mid or jungle (i heard his jungling and top are also quite good), I'd like to learn the basics, combos. His W is so goddamn hard to use.
Is his W's range supposed to be really short? Because it seems like it is whenever I use it.
How do you guys use him?
#2wehomiesPosted 3/30/2013 9:28:27 PM
range on his w?
you mean the max distance his shadow can be placed?
then yeah, it's not that far long bro. its range isn't as long as jarvan's e for instance.
#3BlocktopusPosted 3/30/2013 9:35:32 PM(edited)
get early brut rush bt get a lw or finish cleaver depending on whatever get another bt and after that get either a bt or a bt

boots or whatever but i get mercs or tabi instead of cdr boots on him since he has energy problems

when bursting someone open up with ult and spam abilities
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
Thnx gfaqs mods for modding me because I have a strong opinion about warwick hope you get fired noob
#4ugotmailbro(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 9:37:09 PM
If you were to use W and then ulti, your ulti would do more damage right?
Then shouldn't you open with W and then ult?
What are some good combos?
#5BlocktopusPosted 3/30/2013 9:39:39 PM
ugotmailbro posted...

no

E doesn't do extra damage from the shadows and the damage from the 3rd shadow's Q is negligible soooo it's not really worth burning your only escape for some tiny extra damage
---
http://i.imgur.com/f09dfvV.jpg
Thnx gfaqs mods for modding me because I have a strong opinion about warwick hope you get fired noob
#6l3lueJACKrabbitPosted 3/30/2013 9:40:15 PM
ugotmailbro posted...

Your ult mark would only do more damage if you hit the enemy with a third shuriken from your w. Otherwise, W will not increase your ult damage in any way. You can use W after using your ult to achieve this (and it'd probably be better too because you can line up your w after your enemy reacts to you ulting them). Usually, it'd best to hold your to your w if you ult straight on someone in case you need it to escape or continue chasing.
---
Knicks City