what is teamfight presence to you?

#11gfshynoblPosted 3/31/2013 6:10:08 AM
kirbymuncher posted...
Also fiora's teamfight presence is better than you're giving her credit for :\

she's very similar to other assassins in the whole "jump on squishy and kill them fast" kind of thing

she has none,
she ults, and if they dont die. shes dead.
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:best ashe africa
#12thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:35:49 AM
kirbymuncher posted...
Also fiora's teamfight presence is better than you're giving her credit for :\

she's very similar to other assassins in the whole "jump on squishy and kill them fast" kind of thing

she's nothing like other assassins

zed can burst a bruiser to death and still wind up with 3500 HP

fiora can't do either of those things
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#13EDumeyPosted 3/31/2013 11:07:52 AM
My definition of team fight presence is how much the enemy cares about you.

If you're a fed Irelia, you'll start to see the entire enemy team positioning particularly to stop you getting to their carries. They'll stop everything to peel you away of you go in at a bad time. Your simple presence on being there gives the rest of your team advantage.

The previously mentioned CC machines have this sort of presence regardless of their gold value. It doesn't matter if that Blitz is 0/6/1 and has missed every pull he's ever tried, if he hits a crucial one NOW, your team could be screwed, and you have to plan accordingly when fighting.

Team fighters with little presence can be those the enemy team can just kind of ignore. A ziggs with no items can be walked past to get to an ADC. A reset centric champ like AP Yi can be ignored for a certain portion of a fight. Tryndamere, while not something to totally ignore, can be bypassed early in a fight so that you don't waste time on his Ulti.

Every champ has team fight presence when they're fed or even equal to the normal gold count. Even a Shaco can be a threat if he doesn't just suicide in at a bad time. Everything is viable. But some champs retain their threat even as they fall lower in gold count. Lulu or Alistar will always be relevant in a team fight. Where someone like Khazix may be useless without any real damage.
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZhLrT.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H6Frl.jpg
#14thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 7:43:11 PM
EDumey posted...
My definition of team fight presence is how much the enemy cares about you.

If you're a fed Irelia, you'll start to see the entire enemy team positioning particularly to stop you getting to their carries. They'll stop everything to peel you away of you go in at a bad time. Your simple presence on being there gives the rest of your team advantage.
isn't a fed ANYTHING going to wreck? although I main bruisers, so i guess that's because of the champs I use...

The previously mentioned CC machines have this sort of presence regardless of their gold value. It doesn't matter if that Blitz is 0/6/1 and has missed every pull he's ever tried, if he hits a crucial one NOW, your team could be screwed, and you have to plan accordingly when fighting.
makes sense, I wouldn't count on blitz SUDDENLY becoming good though

Team fighters with little presence can be those the enemy team can just kind of ignore. A ziggs with no items can be walked past to get to an ADC. A reset centric champ like AP Yi can be ignored for a certain portion of a fight. because he won't do anything for a good portion of the fight, just nuke run/chase and heal

Tryndamere, while not something to totally ignore, can be bypassed early in a fight so that you don't waste time on his Ulti. if he has decent damage, he can make a good distraction, he could ult and go after a squishy forcing your enemy to lose an adc or lose your fleeing team

Every champ has team fight presence when they're fed or even equal to the normal gold count. Even a Shaco can be a threat if he doesn't just suicide in at a bad time. Everything is viable. But some champs retain their threat even as they fall lower in gold count. Lulu or Alistar will always be relevant in a team fight. Where someone like Khazix may be useless without any real damage.
makes sense that when you only have one use, if you can't do that then you're useless(if the tank can't tank or the bruiser/assassin can't assassinate/protect the squishies, if the adc can't deal 2000 damage in 5 seconds, etc.)

---
#15MastadiPosted 4/2/2013 7:52:13 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
makes sense that when you only have one use, if you can't do that then you're useless(if the tank can't tank or the bruiser/assassin can't assassinate/protect the squishies, if the adc can't deal 2000 damage in 5 seconds, etc.)

What he means is that some champs have uses no matter how well or badly they performed beforehand. A Blitz can throw a grab at just the right time and turn the tides of battle no matter his items or level, but an ADC lagging behind and dealing hardly any damage won't be of much use to anyone, so they can be ignored relatively safely.
---
I would use a nude male mod with equipable underwear just so I can enchant a pair of magical boxers. - Nexus_Nocturnal.
#16thedarklordx3(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 12:59:26 PM
Mastadi posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...

What he means is that some champs have uses no matter how well or badly they performed beforehand. A Blitz can throw a grab at just the right time and turn the tides of battle no matter his items or level, but an ADC lagging behind and dealing hardly any damage won't be of much use to anyone, so they can be ignored relatively safely.

but everyone will THINK the adc is the one who'll do all the damage, and thus they can be bait
---