Do you ever selfish ban?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Do you ever selfish ban?
3 years ago#1
Just played a game where the enemy captain banned nothing but his specific counters. He was playing malzahar and he banned LB, Lux and TF. Does this sort of thing happen a lot, a captain chooses to be selfish and either bans all his counters or another specific team player's counters?
3 years ago#2
no
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
3 years ago#3
If you consider banning TF every game selfish, then yes.
LoL IGN: Greedy
3 years ago#4
I think I did once.

In solo queue it's every man for himself, for the most part.
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
3 years ago#5
Only if I feel like first picking Kassadin.
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
3 years ago#6
iXCelticXi posted...

Well TF and MAYBE Lux I can understand, but LB? Are you that paranoid about getting countered youre willing to risk an amumu or elise or Blitz on the opposing team.
3 years ago#7
Unless you're sure you can't play without doing it, don't ban selfishly.. it's like the third or 4th earliest moment at which you can make your team start arguing.
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
3 years ago#8
I never, ever ban Malphite in bronze or silver.

He's only slightly more difficult to handle top, and at least 50% of the time the enemy will take him jungle, which is just dumb.
3 years ago#9
darkwing1232 posted...
Just played a game where the enemy captain banned nothing but his specific counters. He was playing malzahar and he banned LB, Lux and TF. Does this sort of thing happen a lot, a captain chooses to be selfish and either bans all his counters or another specific team player's counters?

I understand Lux... but TF and LB?
Huehuehue.

Good for you in that case.
TF is becoming more like a Shen though, he's now banned more.

P.S Since when did TF or Leblanc counter Malz?
The above post is either real or surreal.Have fun guessing.
3 years ago#10
darkwing1232 posted...
iXCelticXi posted...

Well TF and MAYBE Lux I can understand, but LB? Are you that paranoid about getting countered youre willing to risk an amumu or elise or Blitz on the opposing team.

tbh I was simply answering the question rather than responding to the anecdote. That's the one ban of those three that seems reasonable (the three in OP that is.)
LoL IGN: Greedy
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Do you ever selfish ban?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived