Do you ever selfish ban?

#1darkwing1232Posted 3/31/2013 2:09:42 AM
Just played a game where the enemy captain banned nothing but his specific counters. He was playing malzahar and he banned LB, Lux and TF. Does this sort of thing happen a lot, a captain chooses to be selfish and either bans all his counters or another specific team player's counters?
#2XcaIIionPosted 3/31/2013 2:12:03 AM
no
---
Ahri is mai waifu
Join the glorius evolution!
#3iXCelticXiPosted 3/31/2013 2:15:10 AM
If you consider banning TF every game selfish, then yes.
---
LoL IGN: Greedy
#4Worm199Posted 3/31/2013 2:17:44 AM
I think I did once.

In solo queue it's every man for himself, for the most part.
---
''Wisest is he who knows, that he knows nothing'' - Socrates
I would like to change that to ''Wisest is the wrestling fan who knows nothing beforehand''
#5aHappySackaPosted 3/31/2013 2:18:54 AM
Only if I feel like first picking Kassadin.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#6darkwing1232(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 2:20:13 AM
iXCelticXi posted...

Well TF and MAYBE Lux I can understand, but LB? Are you that paranoid about getting countered youre willing to risk an amumu or elise or Blitz on the opposing team.
#7Dragonfable101Posted 3/31/2013 2:21:12 AM
Unless you're sure you can't play without doing it, don't ban selfishly.. it's like the third or 4th earliest moment at which you can make your team start arguing.
---
Remember that failure only occurs the moment you've decided you will no longer strive for success.
- Lysamus
#8The_Excerion3Posted 3/31/2013 2:25:09 AM
I never, ever ban Malphite in bronze or silver.

He's only slightly more difficult to handle top, and at least 50% of the time the enemy will take him jungle, which is just dumb.
#9Gig_NFBBPosted 3/31/2013 2:31:02 AM
darkwing1232 posted...
Just played a game where the enemy captain banned nothing but his specific counters. He was playing malzahar and he banned LB, Lux and TF. Does this sort of thing happen a lot, a captain chooses to be selfish and either bans all his counters or another specific team player's counters?

I understand Lux... but TF and LB?
Huehuehue.

Good for you in that case.
TF is becoming more like a Shen though, he's now banned more.

P.S Since when did TF or Leblanc counter Malz?
---
The above post is either real or surreal.Have fun guessing.
#10iXCelticXiPosted 3/31/2013 2:36:33 AM(edited)
darkwing1232 posted...
iXCelticXi posted...

Well TF and MAYBE Lux I can understand, but LB? Are you that paranoid about getting countered youre willing to risk an amumu or elise or Blitz on the opposing team.

tbh I was simply answering the question rather than responding to the anecdote. That's the one ban of those three that seems reasonable (the three in OP that is.)
---
LoL IGN: Greedy