Xin, J4, or Hecarim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Xin, J4, or Hecarim?

User Info: Kat1184

Kat1184
3 years ago#1
I've been playing a lot of Vi lately- and as such need to get a backup jungler working since Vi gets picked/banned from time to time.

Theoretically, I figured I already own Nocturne and his play style isn't all that dissimilar from Vi- (Gank lvl 3, farm up to 6 asap, gank everytime ult is available, offensive bruiser, etc.)

However, as you probably already know- Noct pretty much cannot hold Vi's sports bra in this meta. I've had some really good games with him, get my allies fed, get myself fed- all good times... but it seems like Noct is uber worthless if he doesn't get himself fed, and even then- drops off a cliff around 25-30mins. Maybe Noct is too legit for me, but I feel like hes going to fall off a cliff around 25-30 mins into the game regardless of what has happened to that point. Once teams push as 5- you are a meat shield at best, and not a great one at that. At least with Vi- even if you're behind, the ult punishes someone out of position, or at least disrupts the fight enough to contribute.

I'm thinking XZ, J4, or Hecarim. Though, Maokai is a possibility too? I need a true Bruiser that could be built full tank and still offer some utility if needed. I have plenty of Noct/Kha'zix type junglers.

Hecarim seems like perhaps the best/OP pick of this group- but the playstyle seems totally different, I'm down to learn him- but leaning toward XZ at this point.

User Info: SubstituteZero

SubstituteZero
3 years ago#2
I main Hecarim now and he is very rewarding. Not too great until he gets his ult. Late game he is probably top 5 in initiators and can tank for a long time. If he isn't targeted, elder lizard and ibg melt the adc. J4 is also good but I think Hec is better. XZ does have possibility to hypercarry, but I don't think he is as reliable as J4 or Hec.
GT: Coprolith
I'm Playing: LoL (Mystagogue), FIFA 13, NBA 2k13, Halo 4, Far Cry 3.

User Info: HostileFire

HostileFire
3 years ago#3
Hecarim doesn't have too much utility in my mind compared to Xin or J4 but he can carry hard. Xin feels so much weaker nowadays that I would recommend J4 even if Xin is still a very solid pick.

Really just buy Sejuani.
http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire | Steam ID: HostileFire
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HostileFire/stats/188642465/ps3/

User Info: ryana

ryana
3 years ago#4
^Sej is a lot of fun

Out of those three though I like J4 the best.

User Info: Gogito4

Gogito4
3 years ago#5
HostileFire posted...
Hecarim doesn't have too much utility in my mind compared to Xin or J4 but he can carry hard. Xin feels so much weaker nowadays that I would recommend J4 even if Xin is still a very solid pick.

Really just buy Sejuani.

Sej #1 Jungle World.

In all seriousness though, go J4.
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.

User Info: Shruikonn

Shruikonn
3 years ago#6
J4 and Nasus.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Shruikon
Blazblue CSEX: Tsubaki Yayoi

User Info: Ferd_Da_Bird

Ferd_Da_Bird
3 years ago#7
Hecarim for ranked because he's one of the few junglers who CAN carry hard if he must. I went from Bronze 2 to Silver 4 using only Heca.
Never give up.
Never surrender.
  1. Boards
  2. League of Legends
  3. Xin, J4, or Hecarim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived