Xin, J4, or Hecarim?

#1Kat1184Posted 3/31/2013 4:35:51 PM
I've been playing a lot of Vi lately- and as such need to get a backup jungler working since Vi gets picked/banned from time to time.

Theoretically, I figured I already own Nocturne and his play style isn't all that dissimilar from Vi- (Gank lvl 3, farm up to 6 asap, gank everytime ult is available, offensive bruiser, etc.)

However, as you probably already know- Noct pretty much cannot hold Vi's sports bra in this meta. I've had some really good games with him, get my allies fed, get myself fed- all good times... but it seems like Noct is uber worthless if he doesn't get himself fed, and even then- drops off a cliff around 25-30mins. Maybe Noct is too legit for me, but I feel like hes going to fall off a cliff around 25-30 mins into the game regardless of what has happened to that point. Once teams push as 5- you are a meat shield at best, and not a great one at that. At least with Vi- even if you're behind, the ult punishes someone out of position, or at least disrupts the fight enough to contribute.

I'm thinking XZ, J4, or Hecarim. Though, Maokai is a possibility too? I need a true Bruiser that could be built full tank and still offer some utility if needed. I have plenty of Noct/Kha'zix type junglers.

Hecarim seems like perhaps the best/OP pick of this group- but the playstyle seems totally different, I'm down to learn him- but leaning toward XZ at this point.
#2SubstituteZeroPosted 3/31/2013 4:42:45 PM
I main Hecarim now and he is very rewarding. Not too great until he gets his ult. Late game he is probably top 5 in initiators and can tank for a long time. If he isn't targeted, elder lizard and ibg melt the adc. J4 is also good but I think Hec is better. XZ does have possibility to hypercarry, but I don't think he is as reliable as J4 or Hec.
---
GT: Coprolith
I'm Playing: LoL (Mystagogue), FIFA 13, NBA 2k13, Halo 4, Far Cry 3.
#3HostileFirePosted 3/31/2013 4:43:30 PM
Hecarim doesn't have too much utility in my mind compared to Xin or J4 but he can carry hard. Xin feels so much weaker nowadays that I would recommend J4 even if Xin is still a very solid pick.

Really just buy Sejuani.
---
http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire | Steam ID: HostileFire
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/HostileFire/stats/188642465/ps3/
#4ryanaPosted 3/31/2013 5:07:59 PM
^Sej is a lot of fun

Out of those three though I like J4 the best.
#5Gogito4Posted 3/31/2013 5:08:11 PM
HostileFire posted...
Hecarim doesn't have too much utility in my mind compared to Xin or J4 but he can carry hard. Xin feels so much weaker nowadays that I would recommend J4 even if Xin is still a very solid pick.

Really just buy Sejuani.

Sej #1 Jungle World.

In all seriousness though, go J4.
---
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.
#6ShruikonnPosted 3/31/2013 6:07:45 PM
J4 and Nasus.
---
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Shruikon
Blazblue CSEX: Tsubaki Yayoi
#7Ferd_Da_BirdPosted 3/31/2013 6:21:05 PM
Hecarim for ranked because he's one of the few junglers who CAN carry hard if he must. I went from Bronze 2 to Silver 4 using only Heca.
---
Never give up.
Never surrender.