Daily reminder that Lux is broken.

#21dennis941012Posted 3/31/2013 6:26:57 PM
Cookie Bag posted...
_HeX posted...
Cookie Bag posted...
AP Yi takes a dump on lux's then uses her baton to churn it inside her.

He can't even get close to Alpha Strike her, so no.

He doesn't need to, he just Q's a minion, and if she throws a snare or slow he just Q's whatever and get ~1 sec of invincible frames.

Also ITT: Dodging skillshots is impossible.

Yeah because any smart Lux player is gonna stand close to a minion wave when she can stand at max range and safely farm against Yi. Use some logic please.

because lux can constantly farm using abilities during lanning
---
(>")> <(' ')> <("<)
~GameFAQs LoL Board Supreme Leader~> voted by http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=89123
#22BurnumMasterPosted 3/31/2013 6:28:37 PM
Have a Zac on your team so his E range can get to her
---
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BurnumMaster-1464/hero/2935592
#23_HeXPosted 3/31/2013 6:30:20 PM
dennis941012 posted...
Cookie Bag posted...
_HeX posted...
Cookie Bag posted...
AP Yi takes a dump on lux's then uses her baton to churn it inside her.

He can't even get close to Alpha Strike her, so no.

He doesn't need to, he just Q's a minion, and if she throws a snare or slow he just Q's whatever and get ~1 sec of invincible frames.

Yeah because any smart Lux player is gonna stand close to a minion wave when she can stand at max range and safely farm against Yi. Use some logic please.

because lux can constantly farm using abilities during lanning

And Master Yi can constantly use Alpha Strike, amirite? Even if it lands on her you can easily make sure he doesn't get away without taking at least just as much harras in return. He can't pressure her in any way and has one ability to deal any kind of damage to her.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#24Fenrir the WolfPosted 3/31/2013 6:30:31 PM
He is right though. Lux doesn't have the tools to shut AP Yi down. She can farm vs him for sure, but her harass doesn't stick since he just meditates everything back. Meanwhile his alpha strikes start to hurt and you can only shield so much of it.

If both play well, they just get into the teamfight phase with lots of farm and try to outnuke each other.
---
And then John was a zombie.
#25Cookie BagPosted 3/31/2013 6:32:06 PM
SoraOwnsAll posted...

"I always dodge every single skillshot while landing every single skillshot."

You know i didn't mean that. and it doesn't make my post less valid.
---
Give me my god DAMN TEA!
#26_HeXPosted 3/31/2013 6:33:18 PM
Fenrir the Wolf posted...
He is right though. Lux doesn't have the tools to shut AP Yi down. She can farm vs him for sure, but her harass doesn't stick since he just meditates everything back. Meanwhile his alpha strikes start to hurt and you can only shield so much of it.

If both play well, they just get into the teamfight phase with lots of farm and try to outnuke each other.

Please, she can deny him farm in the early levels just by going agressive with AAs and throwing in a couple of spells now and then. Yi's meditate has a long cooldown and he can't use more than a couple of Alpha Strikes and a Meditate before he has ran out of mana.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#27chaoshadouPosted 3/31/2013 6:39:22 PM
_HeX posted...
And Master Yi can constantly use Alpha Strike, amirite? Even if it lands on her you can easily make sure he doesn't get away without taking at least just as much harras in return. He can't pressure her in any way and has one ability to deal any kind of damage to her.

Yi pushes just as hard, if not harder early game, can easily harass her under tower, and if he ever by some chance gets rooted, he just uses meditate to essentially negate everything else she's gonna throw at him if she does.
---
Awesome series, please support the VN ps3 localization http://petitiononline.com/umineko1/petition.html
http://www.facebook.com/OperationGoldenLand
#28CGoblinsPosted 3/31/2013 6:41:54 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
if you're rushing guise as lux you will oom in lane

rank 3 e costs 100 mana which is like 1/5th of her mana at level 5. If you don't have chalice in lane you will oom after just a handful of abilities, especially against people that have targeted damage that can force your W out of you.

building mr does work against her. Mercs can get you out of the root faster to dodge her abilities. QSS can definitely get you out.

QSS doesn't have a good build option for APs though but you can grab Zhonya's instead which is an awesome item for APs and can mitigate everything she throws at you after you've been rooted.

She's safe but she's not the safest, champions that actually have escapes > raw range. Ziggs is pretty damn safe. Kennen is really, really safe. Ahri is super safe. Lux is like above average but even then, the other three I mentioned could actually survive a Vi gank.

I think she needs her ult CD to be 90/75/60 but aside from that I don't think she's broken or anything.

Just needs a slight adjustment to the spamability of her ult.

You argue she doesn't need a nerf and that she does in the same post...
---
PSN: Ray-Martin82
Playing: Giving Monster Hunter U a try.
#29thecrossnkightPosted 3/31/2013 6:45:36 PM
Pick Xerath, do everything lux does better (minus the aoe shield, that thing is redic)
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#30WebBowserPosted 3/31/2013 6:49:17 PM
CGoblins posted...
g-cube_masta posted...
if you're rushing guise as lux you will oom in lane

rank 3 e costs 100 mana which is like 1/5th of her mana at level 5. If you don't have chalice in lane you will oom after just a handful of abilities, especially against people that have targeted damage that can force your W out of you.

building mr does work against her. Mercs can get you out of the root faster to dodge her abilities. QSS can definitely get you out.

QSS doesn't have a good build option for APs though but you can grab Zhonya's instead which is an awesome item for APs and can mitigate everything she throws at you after you've been rooted.

She's safe but she's not the safest, champions that actually have escapes > raw range. Ziggs is pretty damn safe. Kennen is really, really safe. Ahri is super safe. Lux is like above average but even then, the other three I mentioned could actually survive a Vi gank.

I think she needs her ult CD to be 90/75/60 but aside from that I don't think she's broken or anything.

Just needs a slight adjustment to the spamability of her ult.

You argue she doesn't need a nerf and that she does in the same post...

^ I think his point is that everyone is exaggerating how powerful she is and all she needs is a minor nerf to bring her back into place. That's how I interpreted it. It does seem like that's a major nerf to the CD on her ult though, but w/e, I'm no Lux expert. Imho, she's fine in lane, but her teamfighting is ridiculous, as those skillshots are really hard to dodge when you have 4 teammates and 2-3 enemy bruisers surrounding you and she winds up doing near adc levels of damage while shielding her entire team while throwing out multitarget CC.
---
Enjoy writing your own stories? Like Pikmin? Want to enter a fully developed world with a blank slate to mold to your hearts content? PM Imboredsoimrest!