You should not be penalized so bad for dodging.

#1EvrayPosted 4/1/2013 1:43:44 AM
So late last night I qualified for a series, and all my games I had leavers. I swear I always have the worst luck. I'm not exactly great so despite my bad luck I probably deserve the rank I am in maybe giver or take some wiggle room. Anyways after my series was an utter failure due to d/c or quitters (I'm not really sure, none of them said they were quitting) I got back on the horse and won my first match after my series and was one point from another series. I then lost several games in a row. Some were those games where in the pregame lobby you know you should of dodged, others were just being simply outplayed.

So I took a break, figured that I'd keep losing with such bad plays by myself and luck with team mates.

So I get on later tonight. Queue up.

First queue we spend a lot of time talking before bans about who was going where with what champions., The top player goes out of his way to ban the characters we want. Specifically Ezreal, Rammus and Volibear, all of which our players clearly were going to take. He then proceeded to call everyone noobs and so on for wanting those champs and that he would choose for us. By the time we were done selecting we had no adc, no jungle and one person saying they would afk all game. So I dodged. Obvious thing to do.

So I went and made some food, came back in about 10 minutes while I was waiting for my timer to run out to queue again.

Next queue three people call top. Two of them are the bottom most players and say they refuse to go anywhere else and are gonna pick top anyways. our very top most player picks a top champion and says hes taking top. Needless to say by the end of our picks we had 3 tops, all adamant on the fact while fighting. So again I dodged.

So now I've got to wait 30 mins. I queued again later (literally just now) and low and behold I get top. I ban everyone they want me to ban, agree to fill what they dont have and we end up with two junglers (shaco and teemo) and no adc. Against a stacked team of Nasus, Akali, Volibear, Draven, and Noc.

So now, here I am. Waiting. How is this even fair?

tl;dr I had three unbelievable pre-lobby issues and had to dodge three games in a row and am stuck waiting despite clearly getting stuck with the worst people ever.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#2CBratePosted 4/1/2013 1:47:06 AM
So it's fine to screw over everyone in ranked just because you had a bad patch.... Sounds legit.
---
To all the trolls out there, I have 180 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: AceAndJunpei
#3Evray(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 1:49:23 AM
CBrate posted...
So it's fine to screw over everyone in ranked just because you had a bad patch.... Sounds legit.

How would I be screwing everyone over for dodging team mates who were toxic or otherwise uncooperative? Its not worth getting dropped an entire rank playing with three teams that are clearly gonna lose.
---
If the Giants win I'll close my account. Promise. Super Bowl 2012- Erik P 2/5/2012 at 3:31:41 PM. Account Status, Active.
#4zepfyaPosted 4/1/2013 2:02:11 AM
I agree why do I have to waste my time playing games when people instant lock and don't call their role?
#5natchu96Posted 4/1/2013 2:24:45 AM(edited)
Evray posted...
CBrate posted...

How would I be screwing everyone over for dodging team mates who were toxic or otherwise uncooperative? Its not worth getting dropped an entire rank playing with three teams that are clearly gonna lose.

Dodge enough times and you're pretty much better off just losing.

You can't win forever. Who knows, the other team might suck and you guys could end up winning anyway.
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#6Evray(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 3:16:58 AM
natchu96 posted...
Evray posted...
CBrate posted...

Dodge enough times and you're pretty much better off just losing.

You can't win forever. Who knows, the other team might suck and you guys could end up winning anyway.

I understand the reasoning behind the fact that people would dodge every game that they felt was slightly off. I played a game just now with a Diana who spent most the game and pregame lobby trashing everyone and fed 1-12. We lost but we were pretty close and if we had even a half way decent Diana we would of won.

I'm only saying its unfair that I got three **** teams in a row and am forced to wait almost 2 hours to get into one game.

Like the first two dodges in a day should be free, then the 5 minute, then the 30 minute and so on. Or hell even one free dodge would be nice. I mean I'm sure people have all sorts of issues other than bad teams that force them to dodge. Get two toxic teams and have your comp crash or something stupid and suddenly your on an hour wait time.
---
#7g-cube_mastaPosted 4/1/2013 3:23:04 AM
just man up and play the games.

the majority (the VAST majority) of players that play this game are bad and a good chunk are toxic.

If your team is uncooperative and a bunch of jerks that sound like they're awful at the game what's stopping the other team from being the same? You don't know how bad or toxic the enemies are.

You'd be surprised at the type of games you win with dumb teamcomps and jackasses on your team.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#8EnricoMarini01Posted 4/1/2013 3:48:23 AM
g-cube_masta posted...
You'd be surprised at the type of games you win with dumb teamcomps and jackasses on your team.

> Our Double Bruiser bot goes 3/7.
> still win game

@TC, standard "meta" doesn't dictate player skill. They can follow meta, and still be bad.

After a certain point, just man up, or not play ranked at all ._.
---
"Speculation is not hard evidence; it is the refuge of those who cannot prove their point."
~ ArtosRC
#9MEGAsoldierPosted 4/1/2013 3:53:11 AM
I am also "Pro dodge". The "lol other team prolly has troll too" arguement does not work, I am sorry. Using assumptions in a debate is pretty bad. The fact is, I should not be forced to play with a team who has no other goal than to lose.
#10g-cube_mastaPosted 4/1/2013 4:30:31 AM
I am also "Pro dodge". The "lol other team prolly has troll too" arguement does not work, I am sorry. Using assumptions in a debate is pretty bad. The fact is, I should not be forced to play with a team who has no other goal than to lose.

You aren't forced, you can leave.

But for leaving, since you're inconveniencing 4 other people on your team and 5 other people on the enemy team because you're afraid you *might* lose a video game (gasp) based on your assumption after what you've seen in the pre-game lobby, you have to suffer a wait time penalty because you're inflating everyone else's queue times.

If there was no penalty games would hardly ever start.

If you've ever tried to play ARAMs where there is no dodge penalty you'd realize how frustrating it is when there are 12 dodges in a row and you realize that you've been waiting in the damn lobby for 40 minutes.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png