Holy crap Nasus is awesome

#1KrKABUT0Posted 4/1/2013 6:11:04 AM
Any general tips or suggestions on builds? Usually my build consists of Boots, IG, SV, and Warmog's. I'm not sure where to take things from there afterwards. Maybe a Hydra or a Sunfire? Or even Bloodthirster?
---
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule everything.
#2SalvatorePosted 4/1/2013 6:14:41 AM
Hydra isn't worth it really, you don't build the AD to boost it much and you get AoE already from Iceborn.

I'd just keep building tanky. Think about Randuin's, Bulwark, Shureliya's, that kind of thing. You really want to be at 40% CDR by this point. Generally, on Nasus the key is Sheen + 40% CDR + as much tankiness as you can get.
---
Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
#3OmfgitsBlahPosted 4/1/2013 6:17:33 AM(edited)
You're close. I'm a plat V Nasus main, ign Kwahn.

I build FH/SV first, depending on my enemy lane, and get a vampscep against harass-heavy lanes as well to out-sustain their poke.

Then I get a shee, then finish the other of FH/SV. Then Triforce.

Nasus needs no more slows than his Wither, and being faster is more important than slowing them more sometimes.

Also, his effective healing from lifesteal goes up with resists, but not with HP, so Warmog's should be build later.

After FH/SV/TF, you can build Bulwark, Warmog's, turn vampscep into Hydra or BT, or whatever you want. Games usually don't go to that point, though.

EDIT:

Salvatore posted...
Hydra isn't worth it really, you don't build the AD to boost it much and you get AoE already from Iceborn.

I'd just keep building tanky. Think about Randuin's, Bulwark, Shureliya's, that kind of thing. You really want to be at 40% CDR by this point. Generally, on Nasus the key is Sheen + 40% CDR + as much tankiness as you can get.

This guy is pretty correct, except for the IBG part. Hydra should probably either be last item, or sell vampscep for more tankiness.
---
If inflaton turns $3 into $0, then $6 turns into $3. -Orca
#4SirWozzelPosted 4/1/2013 6:20:48 AM(edited)
I would recommend a BoRK over a Bloodthirster because it adds a bit more burst and added utility against tanky opponents, though the bloodthirster is much better if you can get it fast enough to build stacks.

I usually go Boots of swiftness, Bork/BT, Warmogs/Randuins, IBG, Ruinic, Trinity, GA
---
People who used le should be shot.-Aishi_
Steam ID: SirWozzel
#5KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 7:01:35 AM(edited)
God damn Nasus is ****ing awesome. He's exactly what I've been looking for; a tank that can carry. Any more ideas for 5th and 6th items? If the game goes long enough I'll usually have the items I already listed, a Runic Bulwark, and a Trinity Force.
---
#6angermngment101Posted 4/1/2013 7:19:00 AM(edited)
God damn Nasus is ****ing awesome. He's exactly what I've been looking for; a tank that can carry. Any more ideas for 5th and 6th items? If the game goes long enough I'll usually have the items I already listed, a Runic Bulwark, and a Trinity Force.

Guardian angel TBH.

FH/SV/Bulwark/Triforce/ (blood thirster,warmogs,infinity edge, sunfire cape)/ GA
---
Gamefax
#7genericname1234Posted 4/1/2013 7:23:13 AM
It depends on the game honestly. You might want to consider adding in a Shurelya's or a Randuin's omen to help prevent you from getting kited.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#8KrKABUT0(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 8:50:39 AM
Any more ideas for 5th/6th items? In my last game, I didn't feel as OP as I usually do with Nasus. I had Merc Treads/Warmog's/Trinity Force/IG/SV/Randuin's Omen and I could not solo a Renekton+TF. I mean we still won really hard and all but I really thought I could take them.
---
#9clonetrooperPosted 4/1/2013 8:54:36 AM
Last night this Nasus dominated my team. He built an infinity edge and a couple phantom dancers to start, then stacked health. It was a sad time.

Next game, I decided to copy this Nasus. I built an IE, PDx2, and a warmogs. I messed up the other team bad. There are a couple standard Nasus builds out there, but this one is fun.
---
We had sex ateach other, not necessarily with each other. - NoizeTrauma
#10angermngment101Posted 4/1/2013 8:54:51 AM
Any more ideas for 5th/6th items? In my last game, I didn't feel as OP as I usually do with Nasus. I had Merc Treads/Warmog's/Trinity Force/IG/SV/Randuin's Omen and I could not solo a Renekton+TF. I mean we still won really hard and all but I really thought I could take them.

You must not have been farming your Q.

Also you need CDR first before anything else.
---
Gamefax