Who is more fun/better at winning games; Riven or Renekton?

#1iiTryhardPosted 4/1/2013 11:03:12 AM
what i'm essentially asking is who contributes more to a team? Who else would you suggest instead of these two? I'm looking to improve my top lane lineup

On a similar note, would you recommend Draven or Varus? All of these champs are the ones that i'm probably looking into buying next
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL IGN: Pintbomb
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#2ryanaPosted 4/1/2013 11:04:10 AM
Renekton and Varus
#3leak_manPosted 4/1/2013 11:12:34 AM(edited)
Draven is more fun IMO, but they're both good.
#4saint35Posted 4/1/2013 11:19:29 AM
Renekton is much better then Riven. Meanwhile, I think Draven is better then Varus.
---
Why modern education is failing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM6c-HY8dck
#5Price_Of_FamePosted 4/1/2013 11:54:57 AM
Draven and Renekton
---
It's a Chastain world and we are all just living in it.
#6centurion911Posted 4/1/2013 12:12:43 PM
Renekton provides a strong tank with some awesome base values. He'sgot a better early game than Riven and seems to fit into the recent meta more.

Draven is the best early game dominator and, if he's allowed to catch his axes, his damage in teamfights is unreal. Almost every Varus I've seen turns into an absolute late game monster, but I feel Draven's got a better success rate
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#7darkman95Posted 4/1/2013 12:12:46 PM
Riven is more fun and easier to carry with. Both renek and Riven can carry hard, but Renekton is much much much harder to do well with and he is so volatile.

A good renekton is better than a good Riven, but he is also much easier to shut down since if he is not fed he falls off hard. Meanwhile a non-fed Riven can still dominate.
---
"The only people who should shoot, are those who are prepared to be shot at."- The Great Emperor Lelouch Vi Britannia
#8DeadwightPosted 4/1/2013 12:14:49 PM
I'd definitely get Varus rather than Draven, because Varus is easier to do well with than Draven and Varus' ulti offers a bit of extra utility to your team. I actually refunded Draven to buy myself Varus a while back and I haven't been disappointed. As a side note Varus is also a great counter to Draven, so there's that.
---
Do not look at these words. Damn you.
#9iiTryhard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:34:17 PM
O.K, so i've decided on getting renekton for my next top laner, but i'm still stuck on the ADC thing.

So, from what i'm seeing, draven is more early- midgame, and falls off a bit in teamfights where catching axes might leave him caught out.

Meanwhile, varus does less damage, but can snipe running targets and has some ashe-like CC as well. His E is also a massive slow.

The question is, which one is more reliable in solo queue? Or am I better off sticking with cait/mf/ez?
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL IGN: Pintbomb
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#10shadyelfPosted 4/1/2013 12:41:23 PM
and falls off a bit in teamfights where catching axes might leave him caught out.

well crits are gonna proc the dot so it isn't too much of a loss. And he doesn't necessarily fall off compared to other carries who don't have that ridiculous Q damage at all (like Ashe or Cait).
I'd probably take Varus for solo queue because CC is awesome and a good ult can win a game.
---
?