Mid Sona is underrated

#1ninplayerPosted 4/1/2013 3:00:53 PM
http://oi48.tinypic.com/24ziv7a.jpg

Her damage is not to be messed with and you just provide so much to your team in teamfights. It's basically just like normal Sona except...with...like, damage.

I would probably go with Iceborn Gauntlet over Rylai's, actually, since you auto attack a lot with Sona for a lot of her damage. Other than that though, she should be built like a standard AP.

Also, inb4"nice sample size loser gg"

No, I've been doing this all week. The above game is just a recent example.
---
League of Legends IGN: Byrne14
#2BreezyExcursionPosted 4/1/2013 3:01:56 PM
AD Sona >>>> AP Sona
---
http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu281/xbreezyx/soclesmal.jpg
#3ninplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 3:02:27 PM
BreezyExcursion posted...
AD Sona >>>> AP Sona

Both are good.
---
#4infinitexxPosted 4/1/2013 3:05:48 PM
She's always been a solid situational mid counterpick.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#5KallakazzaPosted 4/1/2013 3:06:54 PM
It's strong in terms of damage, but you lack an escape and you are SO SQUISHY. Since that nerf she received at the tail end of season 2 she barely has better starting defenses than a cannon minion. If you get stuck vs anything with a gap closer you're so screwed.

If you get her fed though, it's amazing. I've done it tons of times in ARAM. So good! :D
#6ninplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 3:07:21 PM
infinitexx posted...
She's always been a solid situational mid counterpick.

Not many people are aware of this. Everytime I say "mid" and hover over Sona, people instantly call me a troll lol :P

But yes, I absolutely stomped that poor Ahri. She had no chance.
---
#7ninplayer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 3:08:20 PM
Kallakazza posted...
It's strong in terms of damage, but you lack an escape and you are SO SQUISHY. Since that nerf she received at the tail end of season 2 she barely has better starting defenses than a cannon minion. If you get stuck vs anything with a gap closer you're so screwed.

If you get her fed though, it's amazing. I've done it tons of times in ARAM. So good! :D

This is why you rush some of the more defensive AP items first. With the Pimp Cup and a Rylai's, you're still pretty squishy but it's not like *touch* and your dead.
---
#8ssj4supervegetaPosted 4/1/2013 3:22:10 PM
sona has good base damages. and her ap ratios are terrible. she's better off built ad if you are going in a carry lane.

also none of your lanes lost in that game. you coulda been hiemerdinger and probably still won.
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#9KallakazzaPosted 4/1/2013 3:23:01 PM
ninplayer posted...
Kallakazza posted...

This is why you rush some of the more defensive AP items first. With the Pimp Cup and a Rylai's, you're still pretty squishy but it's not like *touch* and your dead.

Yeah man, I'm all for it if you can pull it off. I've had friends do it in real games and it worked well. You just have to worry about people flaming the hell out of you for "troll picking" in champ select, and then getting harassed post game if you have a bad game. People ruin all the creativity in this game. If a pro isn't doing it, it's not viable in the eyes of the masses. So silly =/

Hope people don't give you too much crap for it, cuz it really can be very good.