This probably not news to any of you but Athene is a cheating no-good player.

#111ZyloWolfBanePosted 4/3/2013 4:23:46 AM
Who is Athene and why aren't you all playing LoL?
---
~Peace obtained through superior firepower!!~
#112The-World-SevenPosted 4/3/2013 6:19:33 AM
Indiana Jane and the hunt for Athene's Unholy Grail
---
My Hubris is bigger than yours.
NA - TheWorld7 & Tragedy Baby // PBE - Je Suis
#113omega bahumatPosted 4/3/2013 6:20:14 AM
rvsoldier posted...
PhoenixNine posted...
The comparisons being used here are completely wrong.

He didn't donate 10 million dollars and get away with torturing a child.

He donated over 1 million dollars to charity and CHEATED IN A VIDEO GAME in order to help produce more money for said charity.

His crime was so tiny compared to the good he's doing that it doesn't even constitute a crime. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a stuck-up idiot and I'm not afraid to say it.

The comparison is made to show that regardless of the good you do, the bad you do doesn't just poof away. No !@#$ torturing a child and cheating in a game are on two different levels, the fact that you're attacking that of all things shows you're grasping at straws.

Actually you're incorrect.

Nobody's gonna punish a war hero for a misdimeanor. And Riot will likely glean over this one instance of foul play (If it's only one) given what he brings to the table and does.

If he were a scumbag like IWILLDOMINATE or some of the other known ragers/toxic players it'd be different.

Not saying it's entirely right (I do think some punishment like a division drop is in order) but that's how the world works. People will forgive you based off what you <will> bring or have brought to the table.
#114PlanescapedPosted 4/3/2013 9:03:31 AM
omega bahumat posted...

You're a sage. I refuse to believe you didn't know that wouldn't be offensive.

There's offensive and then there's 'offensive'
---
The clouds pass... the rain does its work and all individual beings flow into their forms." The Book of Changes
#115omega bahumatPosted 4/3/2013 9:49:54 AM
Planescaped posted...
omega bahumat posted...

You're a sage. I refuse to believe you didn't know that wouldn't be offensive.

There's offensive and then there's 'offensive'

Making jokes about rape is always offensive.
#116PlanescapedPosted 4/3/2013 9:51:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#11704DarkPosted 4/3/2013 10:38:05 AM
From: Master_striker | Posted: 4/2/2013 7:22:23 AM | #013
why do they care if he's cheating? it's not like he's making the world a worse place..... idk it just seems childish to care

---
R.I.P. intrepid40 (7/13/08 - 3/28/12)
http://i.imgur.com/oYaWO.jpg
#118omega bahumatPosted 4/3/2013 10:41:26 AM
Planescaped posted...
Except when they're funny.

Which is never.
#119Luigy2693Posted 4/3/2013 10:56:52 AM
So all this drama is over ONE game and probably a joke statement to begin with. ONE game does not decide if you are diamond. Suspend him for a week or two, but dont ban him
#120Jarvan_IVPosted 4/3/2013 11:20:42 AM
This should come as no surprise to anyone. He cheated in WoW and D3. Why wouldn't he cheat in LoL? I honestly don't care that he raised money for charity, he's still a dick. There are others who raise much more money and are much more likeable and don't have brainwashed fans to do it.

It's hilarious that all he plays is Ryze (not well mind you) and rages whenever Ryze gets banned and calls the person a troll. Then he forces his friends to dodge for him so he doesn't do it. So much rage for someone who calls others out on being "jelly haters". It's a well known fact among the people who play with him that he is a toxic player. He always hides his chat box on his stream because he is always trash talking others in the pregame chat.

If I was Riot I'd do the same thing that Blizz did when they found out he cheated. Reset his account back to Bronze and then watch his account to see if he can actually climb back up.

From: Master_striker | Posted: 4/2/2013 7:22:23 AM | #013
why do they care if he's cheating? it's not like he's making the world a worse place..... idk it just seems childish to care

That's a slippery slope for a game that pushes for fair play and punishes toxic players. If he can get away with it, why can't I? He should be treated the same as anyone else whether they are a saint or a sinner. That's the main reason why people are calling for his head.
---
DEMACIAAAA-Me