This probably not news to any of you but Athene is a cheating no-good player.

#51Theivey3Posted 4/2/2013 12:39:01 PM
I think it's quite good because Hitler saved the world with everything he did.

shiggydiggy do
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pg5EG.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/theivey3 | LoL IGN: Vulcane
#52ChocoboDreamsPosted 4/2/2013 1:28:57 PM
Sword_Slasher posted...
I'm subbed to stream. Some people seriously don't have their heads on straight to see the difference between Watergate, the Holocaust, and Athene. Athene is a streamer who spends all day, every day to raise money to charity. It's not just a random dude.
Do you really think I care more about virtual points in an internet game than starving children? Get. The. ****. Out. Let's not question whether what he did was right or wrong, let's ask which YOU value more regardless. Look at it objectively, count up your care-points, and you just shouldn't give a **** about the situation.

Put it this way. If Athene is able to get away with cheating just because he gives money to charity, then maybe things like the Tribunal shouldn't even exist. I personally am a stalwart defender of punishing cheaters, but if some are allowed to get away with cheating just because of popularity or social standing, why have it? If Athene gets to get away with cheating, everybody should be able to. Period.

Letting Athene get away with this is, if it is indeed legitimate, is just giving all the ammo in the world to the people that hate the Tribunal.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#53ChocoboDreamsPosted 4/2/2013 1:32:30 PM
ssj4supervegeta posted...
NOTE: Before i say anything i dont even know who this guy is, im just looking at his evidence, the only thing i've seen from athene before is when he got hacked and lost like all his WoW stuff or something.

"if you don't care about elo, you can also let me win."

i've seen a lot of people saya that sorta thing. :/ its never serious. and winning one game like that wouldnt bring you to diamond lol.

The part about "he claimed i was working with him to make this article" is stupid. if athene was lying about that thats just stupid on his part. but also doesnt prove anything...other then he's a bit of a douche.

he said "if you dont care about elo, you can also let me win." ...AND THEY DID IT how are THEY not the ones being punished? xD he didnt make them, he didnt say "if you dont i'll kill your family" he basically politely asked them to let him win and they straight up left the game...athene is not the one in the wrong there lol

In the end he didn't cheat anything. those other 2 guys cheated their team out of a win...he did possibly lie about the article tho. altho the guy who wrote the article could just as easily be lying himself. yah never know :D

I don't think you fully read or understood the article. The point is that he supposedly bribed those players that quit with fame by saying he'd duo with them following that match if they quit. I think the article even provided some form of evidence that one of the players that quit was then indeed duo-ing with Athene in a later match.
---
I just want Card Sagas Wars. Seriously, I'd do anything, just give me Card Sagas Wars. Please.
PSN:ChocoboDreams
#54Silver Shadow XPosted 4/2/2013 1:33:27 PM
Theivey3 posted...
Also, ITT: people literally equating asking people to leave a game to rape and the holocaust.

---
I suppose I should probably update this signature soon.
#55g-cube_mastaPosted 4/2/2013 2:49:27 PM
In the end he didn't cheat anything. those other 2 guys cheated their team out of a win...he did possibly lie about the article tho. altho the guy who wrote the article could just as easily be lying himself. yah never know :D

He's done other stuff to cheat too. He's paid people on the enemy team to leave the game as well. You can't possibly believe that's legal. There's paypal documentation to support this, google if you're interested it's not hard to find.

It's funny how people are saying he's a bad guy when he asked people to throw multiple games for him, or leave them, when he donated over a million dollars to charity. Also, ITT: people literally equating asking people to leave a game to rape and the holocaust.

Stay classy.

Donating to charity does not absolve you of doing wrong things. It doesn't make you a good person.

If you're a surgeon who has saved hundreds upon hundreds of lives you can't just go and shoot people and when people say "hey that's wrong" be like "WHOA EXCUSE MY BUT I'VE SAVED HUNDREDS OF LIVES WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME OUT ON SHOOTING SOMEONE."

An extreme example but it demonstrates what's going down here.

You don't just get to cheat because you put food in people's mouths. Everyone is held to the same summoner's code.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#56Theivey3Posted 4/2/2013 3:54:12 PM
Donating to charity does not absolve you of doing wrong things. It doesn't make you a good person.

If you're a surgeon who has saved hundreds upon hundreds of lives you can't just go and shoot people and when people say "hey that's wrong" be like "WHOA EXCUSE MY BUT I'VE SAVED HUNDREDS OF LIVES WHO ARE YOU TO CALL ME OUT ON SHOOTING SOMEONE."

An extreme example but it demonstrates what's going down here.

You don't just get to cheat because you put food in people's mouths. Everyone is held to the same summoner's code.

Did I say that he should get a free pass? No. I said that he's not a bad guy for doing it.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Pg5EG.jpg
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/theivey3 | LoL IGN: Vulcane
#57omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 4:04:06 PM
Planescaped posted...
I donate millions to women's shelters, so I can rape whoever I want!

I think you need to understand what you're comparing before you ever try to argue a point again.

You just compared rape to video game cheating.
#58omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 4:06:07 PM(edited)
I cannot believe the comparisons that are being made in this topic.

Esp from people like G-Cube who are usually the voices of reason. Is he cheating? Most likely.

Comparing it to murder and rape though?

What the **** is wrong with you?

You guys are engaging in so many debating taboo's it's not even funny. The amount of escalation in this topic is ridiculous.
#59I_love_SunnyDPosted 4/2/2013 4:10:22 PM
Master_striker posted...
thefearedmonstr posted...
Xialoh posted...
Is this a joke article? I feel like I'm on a website where all the writers are still in middle school.

This.

People actually care?

As he's a relatively famous internet personality, that's a stupid question.

I mean, I don't care. But a lot of people will.

why do they care if he's cheating? it's not like he's making the world a worse place..... idk it just seems childish to care.

Caring about what other people care about is much more childish.
---
I actually prefer the purple stuff
#60noone369Posted 4/2/2013 4:20:38 PM(edited)
omega bahumat posted...
I cannot believe the comparisons that are being made in this topic.

Esp from people like G-Cube who are usually the voices of reason. Is he cheating? Most likely.

Comparing it to murder and rape though?

What the **** is wrong with you?

You guys are engaging in so many debating taboo's it's not even funny. The amount of escalation in this topic is ridiculous.

Good comparisons. They just want to show what happens when things happen when guys like you get to power who thinks that money can solve everything. Kill one person, donate a few millions to charity and don't get punished. Sounds good, right?(this is sarcasm, for those who are especially dense) This is the way of thinking that gamefaqs users like you promote. If things like that continue, what says that it won't escalate and people will be able to escape punishment by donating to charity or smth.
---
She was absolutely sincere. Emperor help me, they really were pleased to see me. Things must be even worse here than I'd imagined. - Ciaphas Cain
I end topics.