This probably not news to any of you but Athene is a cheating no-good player.

#81omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 6:00:09 PM
Read the post above yours. It has yet to be proven whether he cheated or not. You assuming so goes against they very tenants of justice you are floundering on about.

The principle is different (Please stop spelling it principal a principal is a person). Intent and many other factors change the context of the issue. Principles are linked towards this context.
Example: Robin Hood is socially acceptable to some, As is Batman, The Punisher is not, etc....

One's a robber, another a vigilante and the last that I mentioned is a rogue/ex-cop turned vigilante. Batman's unwillingness to kill or use guns and Punishers willing to use guns and kills creates a different principle on how to deal with them as vigilante's even moreso when you add in their history which creates necessity to change the punishment they receive especially in a court of law.
#82omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 6:01:52 PM
Also since nobody has mentioned it yet:

ITT: Being a philanthropist means throwing money at the problem when you get busted for doing something stupid/illegal.

You don't have to throw money at a problem if the good outweigh's the bad (Especially for a one time minor offence).
#83wind_adept_codyPosted 4/2/2013 6:06:58 PM
omega bahumat posted...

ITT: Being a philanthropist means throwing money at the problem when you get busted for doing something stupid/illegal.

You don't have to throw money at a problem if the good outweigh's the bad (Especially for a one time minor offence).

woah there nelly, im gonna have to stop ya there. He's pretty famous for cheating already.

...Also, a philanthropist is someone that helps others financially out of goodwill. You're corrupting a good word by comparing it to wut hes doing.
---
Do a bibarel roll!!!!!!
#84omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 6:10:29 PM(edited)
wind_adept_cody posted...
omega bahumat posted...

woah there nelly, im gonna have to stop ya there. He's pretty famous for cheating already.

...Also, a philanthropist is someone that helps others financially out of goodwill. You're corrupting a good word by comparing it to wut hes doing.

Where did I call Athene a philanthropist?

Also since I forgot to respond to the hyperbole complaint. If you're going to argue anywhere be prepared to argue properly. Not all of us are children that are driven by extreme situations only. Logic and reason prevail in a debate.
#85g-cube_mastaPosted 4/2/2013 6:10:42 PM
In this case, Athene cheats in games along with being a toxic player and someone that's just outright horrible to play with and then hides behind "BUT I DONATED TO CHARITY!!!" when called out on it.

Source?

Usually it's his fans defending him with that stuff but he's said things in his videos like "taking food out of the children's mouths" (paraphrased).

You didn't need to explain it. Ugh. I must question your education if you think that is a valid argument tool. Escalation only works on ignorant fools. You're not making an equivalent comparison. Each situation demands to be responded to accordingly.

The fact that you think this is an acceptable analogy is appalling to be quite frank.

Edit: I also find it rather alarming that you speak of fallacies in arguments while making one yourself as your entire premise for counter-debate.

Okay, fine, you don't want analogies nor comparisons that is fine. Let's drop that altogether then and focus on the main point:

Do you think that what he has done for charity grants him immunity to the summoner's code?

Simple yes or no question. If you think that it does then we can agree to disagree because we have fundamentally different views.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#86awwwSNAPPosted 4/2/2013 6:13:42 PM
Wait I thought that article was an April Fools joke when I read it
#87omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 6:14:54 PM
I've maintained this entire time that he should be punished if he is guilty of cheating. I have not let anyone believe otherwise.
#88wind_adept_codyPosted 4/2/2013 6:15:45 PM
omega bahumat posted...
omega bahumat posted...

Also since I forgot to respond to the hyperbole complaint. If you're going to argue anywhere be prepared to argue properly. Not all of us are children that are driven by extreme situations only. Logic and reason prevail in a debate.

forgive me if im wrong lol...but you literally defined a phil. as someone who threw money at a problem to make it go away. Just like Athene. Now, again, forgive me, but indirectly, you just called him one. And...thats not wut a philanthropist even is. If you're like trolling to get in some healthy debate, I don't blame you. But lemme know first so I can stop taking you srsly.
---
Do a bibarel roll!!!!!!
#89edwardsharpePosted 4/2/2013 6:18:59 PM
Can't wait until Riot bans/punishes him.
---
Once more into the fray. Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day. Live and die on this day
#90omega bahumatPosted 4/2/2013 6:20:45 PM
omega bahumat posted...
omega bahumat posted...

forgive me if im wrong lol...but you literally defined a phil. as someone who threw money at a problem to make it go away. Just like Athene. Now, again, forgive me, but indirectly, you just called him one. And...thats not wut a philanthropist even is. If you're like trolling to get in some healthy debate, I don't blame you. But lemme know first so I can stop taking you srsly.

People keep talking about people throwing money at problems. One of the many examples was people saving lives and then murdering people (or some other crime). That was why I mentioned philanthropy. Please read the entire topic, thanks.