what are some of your efforts to break the meta?

#1Beech_tibsPosted 4/2/2013 7:42:19 AM
Successful or not.... Doesn't much matter

I've been experimenting with roaming with garen
Play support-ish run support runes and 9/210 or 9/021 depending on enemy comps.
The thought here is to lock down the area surrounding dragon and limit counter jungling
Obviously gold and exp are limited but I find that kills in lane usually are doubled by the 15 min mark or end up being dedicated (less effective) support
Teamfights are interesting.... Boiling down to finding mages or diving briusers and silencing them. Then spin to win and trying to use your ult in a.way that benefits team not being kill stealy
but the big thing here is pushing... Garen seems to push better than most supports and is tankier than most as well
so what else you trying?
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#2Walker_RealPosted 4/2/2013 7:44:52 AM
That's because garen isn't a support
#3Suffer_NotPosted 4/2/2013 7:46:31 AM
I tried playing Karma as a support.

Her utter lack of lane presence is a pretty crippling problem though.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#4Lord GrahfPosted 4/2/2013 7:47:42 AM(edited)
twisted fate jungle only

also gunblade on TF is op
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#5thecrossnkightPosted 4/2/2013 7:52:12 AM(edited)
I go into silver 1 ranked with a friend and play christmas bot (Me snowman ziggs, him christmas maokai) Then tell someone to take an AD assassin mid.

The result? We typically snowball (haha) bot because we have huge burst + painful poke, come late game (which happens about 1/3rd of the time) the lack of ADC doesnt matter as much as one might think (might be because im ziggs, dunno how it'd work with another AP). The AD mid keeps them from stacking MR, and ziggs highly consistent burst breaks squishies in half and can handle bruisers with a bit of peel (which mao does well!)

And both are rarely banned or picked!
---
What do you do when faced with two choices? Simply toss a coin. It works because in that brief time that the coin is in the air you know what you're hoping for.
#6Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 7:54:29 AM
Walker_Real posted...
That's because garen isn't a support

Well that's why he's not being played as a support unless we are getting dominated

He does benefit greatly from items like sight stone and iron solari

The reason I use garen and not another bruiser is cause his passive makes him regen fast between mid and bot lane plus that ms boost is fun
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#7Beech_tibs(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 7:56:04 AM
Suffer_Not posted...

That's just using a different champ in the same meta same with the guy who said jungle tf I'm looking for meta changers
---
#8Suffer_NotPosted 4/2/2013 8:27:27 AM
Beech_tibs posted...
Suffer_Not posted...

That's just using a different champ in the same meta same with the guy who said jungle tf I'm looking for meta changers

Now, when you say something like that I wonder what your definition of 'meta' is. It just means the composition of champions and lanes that are most likely to create advantages for your team. It doesn't necessarily require you to change roles or lanes.

To answer what I now interpret your question to be, I've put a lot of theory craft into the idea of a roaming support- jungler. Someone like Taric or Leona that is capable of jungling but whose primary occupation would be ganking and securing buffs for his teammates; he would carry smite along with the primary jungler. In the beginning, he gives Blue Buff to the AD that has to 2v1 (Caitlyn or Urgot seem to be the most viable) while the main jungler gets a smiteless on red, and then the two invade and kill the enemy jungler at his red. The support jungler can then either gank or farm the enemy jungler while the primary can farm his own.

The advantage is that the support jungler gives a lot of map control to the team, forcing the enemy team to play defensively since there could be even more ganks anywhere on the map. A rushed sightstone and pink wards keeps vision on the enemy jungler, allowing Taric and the prime jungler to gank/smitesteal him and keep him down. he also helps give the buffs to the lanes to give the primary jungler time to do other more exciting stuff. Taric then transitions into a tanky support build, things like Aegis and Locket and so on.

The disadvantage comes both from the support jungler having even less experience and from the 2v1 in the bot lane. So far in all of my theory crafting I've yet to come up with a solution for the complete lack of experience income our Taric would be face with; he's going to end up stealing EXP from one of the four lanes no mater what happens, so either he is disadvantaging top/mid or he is removing that tiny Exp advantage the 2v1 lane has.

The other problem is how popular the pushing ADC/Support comp is in the current meta. If the other team picks Lulu or Zyra as their support, then there is no way the 2v1 will maintain their tower unless our support jungler is spending most of his time and pink wards down there, which defeats the purpose of the setup. The current meta is just too well prepared to defeat Roamers for me to really think it is viable.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#9tranquilizerrrPosted 4/2/2013 8:45:11 AM(edited)
Critplank bot. Dominate lane.

Ganks? Eat an orange it's k.
---
Talk is cheap.
#10BlighttownPosted 4/2/2013 8:47:20 AM
Lord Grahf posted...
twisted fate jungle only

also gunblade on TF is op

i dnt see how lol

he has no problem catching people yo
---
hi im toki u suck