Is Heal that bad to take as Support?

#31thedarklordx3Posted 4/2/2013 3:46:33 PM
lightdragoon88 posted...

5 seconds of vision is useless compare to having support/ADC/entire team having up to 65% of their mana back in the middle of a fight instead of them having no mana during a teamfight.

ssj4supervegeta posted...

Vision is more useless then a burst of mana that you shouldnt need in the first place?

clairvoyance is sorta useless because ashe is an ultra popular adc and she has a skill exactly like it, plus wards exist, are cheap and don't take up any spots

it's only useful if you're like summoner level 10 where nobody even knows what a ward IS

clarity is only useful on ultra mana heavy champs like anivia, or for trolling on manaless champs like mordekaiser
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#32ThyCorndogPosted 4/2/2013 3:51:05 PM
I never use exhaust unless I'm specifically asked to whenever I'm supporting
I almost always take heal

fight fight fight da powah
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#33MizunoRyuuPosted 4/2/2013 3:54:38 PM
It was never bad for a Support even when it was a Carry spell. Now that the heal is spread evenly, it's even better than it used to be as a Support spell. You should always have Heal in bot lane, and if your carry's too ignorant to take it and gets something like Ignite instead, then it's your job.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#34awwwSNAPPosted 4/2/2013 5:28:44 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...

clairvoyance is sorta useless because ashe is an ultra popular adc and she has a skill exactly like it, plus wards exist, are cheap and don't take up any spots

it's only useful if you're like summoner level 10 where nobody even knows what a ward IS

clarity is only useful on ultra mana heavy champs like anivia, or for trolling on manaless champs like mordekaiser

One champ has a midrange aoe reveal on a 45s timer and that makes CV useless? Guess heal and barrier are useless too since some ultra popular supports have heals and shields, plus potions exist and are cheap.

Anyway, CV used to be awesome when supports used it to get early vision in the jungle. It made counterjungling so much easier back when different champs actually had different jungle routes. Now that pretty much everyone goes either wolves-blue start or wraiths-red depending on their resource, and then mostly just farms wraiths and wolves, routes are a little more predictable so I guess CV isn't as useful. But uh... it was good once. And honestly is still good for vision before you can afford/have the map control to ward up the enemy jungle. But it's for sure outclassed by the summoners that actually help the lane.
#35Fire_AwayPosted 4/2/2013 5:42:22 PM
Ashe is an ultra popular ADC?
---
Now playing: League Of Legends (FireAwayX), Guild Wars 2 (Floralei/Crownbird), World of Warcraft (shut up), SFxT (Poison/Nina, Juri/Lili)
#36ThyCorndogPosted 4/2/2013 5:45:28 PM
is ashe even a real champ
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#37FerrousIronyPosted 4/2/2013 5:46:58 PM
I thought Ashe was a champ for playing support with your girlfriend as.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/syktmw.gif
#38thedarklordx3Posted 4/2/2013 8:22:54 PM
FerrousIrony posted...
I thought Ashe was a champ for playing support with your girlfriend as.

you don't have a girlfriend.

Fire_Away posted...
Ashe is an ultra popular ADC?

everyone's played her atleast once

every noob is playing her now

and unless you're gold or higher, you probably see her all the time too

awwwSNAP posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...

One champ has a midrange aoe reveal on a 45s timer and that makes CV useless? Guess heal and barrier are useless too since some ultra popular supports have heals and shields, plus potions exist and are cheap.

Anyway, CV used to be awesome when supports used it to get early vision in the jungle. It made counterjungling so much easier back when different champs actually had different jungle routes. Now that pretty much everyone goes either wolves-blue start or wraiths-red depending on their resource, and then mostly just farms wraiths and wolves, routes are a little more predictable so I guess CV isn't as useful. But uh... it was good once. And honestly is still good for vision before you can afford/have the map control to ward up the enemy jungle. But it's for sure outclassed by the summoners that actually help the lane.

nowadays you just invade with your whole team and unless they somehow predicted you'd do that and brought their team you don't really need CV

ashe's hawkshot isn't that good either

generally if there's anything on the map you need to see, unless you're a bad it's already warded, preferably a vision ward if it's commonly warded
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards