Need a new back-up adc for ranked

#1alcaPWNED212Posted 4/2/2013 3:31:46 PM
So when I play adc in ranked, I pretty much exclusively play draven. Lately he has been taken several times so I'm thinking I should pick someone else up as a back up if he gets picked or (god for bid) banned. Here are my thoughts about the other adcs keep in mind these are just my opinions:

-Corki: Im not very good with him and I dont like how mana hungry he seems, though he is a possibility because I think he is really cool.
-ashe: dont like her skillset, I just think she is completely outclassed, pretty much except for her ult.
-caitlyn: a possibility, I'm not too fond of her mainly because I find her boring but I am decent with her
-Ezreal: I never have any idea what to build on him. I don't know he has a good early but I believe he kind of falls off.
-kog'maw: I like him but I'm not very good with him. I prefer not to play adcs with a weak early because I tend to play pretty aggressive in lane. I might consider him though
-MF: I really like her. I think she is currently one of the best and most fun adcs, I also really like her ult.
-Graves: leaning mostly towards him or mf but I can be swayed. I just really like his character and skillset.
-Sivir: I've played her probably twice. Its not that I don't like her, it's that I dont know how to play as her.
-Vayne: No, I hate this *****. Next.
-Varus: I usually do really well as varus. He is one of my top choices and he seems to have very few bad matchups.
-tristana: I dont know how to play her very well, but she seems cool enough. I love characters with resets and I have seen some clutch rocket jumps before.
-quinn: I dont know, I don't like her range and her ult very much. Maybe, but like ashe she seems pretty outclassed.
-twitch: ive only played him a few times but I have done pretty well. He seems pretty difficult in respect to the other adcs but I also am considering him.

So there is my list. I would like to focus on only one more adc. I didn't make this a poll so we could have some actual discussion and I would like to hear some feedback on who and why I should pick. Thanks gfaqs.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#2SozanekPosted 4/2/2013 4:27:46 PM
Go for Varus.

He's pretty underplayed so no worries about getting him banned.
---
Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak.
#3Black_AssassinPosted 4/2/2013 4:30:04 PM
Sivir

That boomerang is murder in physical form.
---
lowercase
#4kickthegnomePosted 4/2/2013 4:30:18 PM
alcaPWNED212 posted...
So when I play adc in ranked, I pretty much exclusively play draven. Lately he has been taken several times so I'm thinking I should pick someone else up as a back up if he gets picked or (god for bid) banned. Here are my thoughts about the other adcs keep in mind these are just my opinions:

-Corki: Im not very good with him and I dont like how mana hungry he seems, though he is a possibility because I think he is really cool.
-ashe: dont like her skillset, I just think she is completely outclassed, pretty much except for her ult.
-caitlyn: a possibility, I'm not too fond of her mainly because I find her boring but I am decent with her
-Ezreal: I never have any idea what to build on him. I don't know he has a good early but I believe he kind of falls off.
-kog'maw: I like him but I'm not very good with him. I prefer not to play adcs with a weak early because I tend to play pretty aggressive in lane. I might consider him though
-MF: I really like her. I think she is currently one of the best and most fun adcs, I also really like her ult.
-Graves: leaning mostly towards him or mf but I can be swayed. I just really like his character and skillset.
-Sivir: I've played her probably twice. Its not that I don't like her, it's that I dont know how to play as her.
-Varus: I usually do really well as varus. He is one of my top choices and he seems to have very few bad matchups.
-tristana: I dont know how to play her very well, but she seems cool enough. I love characters with resets and I have seen some clutch rocket jumps before.
-quinn: I dont know, I don't like her range and her ult very much. Maybe, but like ashe she seems pretty outclassed.
-twitch: ive only played him a few times but I have done pretty well. He seems pretty difficult in respect to the other adcs but I also am considering him.

So there is my list. I would like to focus on only one more adc. I didn't make this a poll so we could have some actual discussion and I would like to hear some feedback on who and why I should pick. Thanks gfaqs.

Twitch is fun. You just gotta know when u expunge. And also remember to w AFTER ur auto attack cause it resets the aa timer.

He has no escape (minus his ambush which is also his steroid so u wanna try to enter every fight with ambush).

In team fights you just have to position properly.
#5alcaPWNED212(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 4:42:40 PM
kickthegnome posted...
alcaPWNED212 posted...

Twitch is fun. You just gotta know when u expunge. And also remember to w AFTER ur auto attack cause it resets the aa timer.

He has no escape (minus his ambush which is also his steroid so u wanna try to enter every fight with ambush).

In team fights you just have to position properly.

I dont mind not having an escape. Draven kind of does but I like both varus and mf and neither of them do.
---
I paid my taxes so why cant i punch everyone i see on the street?! WTF Government?!- Knight_Of_Order
#6m0k3tal1tyPosted 4/2/2013 4:50:39 PM
MF and Graves are both very similar to Draven, in that they're aggressive early on and have high damage in trades
#7g-cube_mastaPosted 4/2/2013 4:52:38 PM
Varus baby

so fun
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#8Stalky24Posted 4/2/2013 4:56:40 PM(edited)
Id say Graves is most you can have out of those.

If I could pick anything, however, Id go for ADC Jayce, simply because of how ridiculous is Hypercharge with Infinity Edge. He can protect himself, is fast, scales well with AD and is one of very few ADCs who can just 1v1 bruisers.

Another pick is AD Kennen, who is king in SoloQ. He is super fast and can peel for himself, which makes him ideal in SoloQ (since noone there peels for carries)
#9zeppelin312Posted 4/2/2013 4:53:07 PM
came in to say draaaaven

you already play him

#10Juxtaposed_Posted 4/2/2013 4:53:55 PM
I like Twitch (but for some reason everyone at my low ELO thinks he's terrible)

He's got what amounts to a ranged execute and has huge damage in team fights.
---
Fortune Cookie Wisdom! There is a false and insincere friendship between you and another