Takes notes, this is how you armor up a female champion

#41Darkyellow327Posted 4/3/2013 10:51:31 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
Suffer_Not posted...
Leona wears high heels, so I automatically disregard her art design as "garbage tier".

A bit petty.

Give me one good and logical reason to wear high heels in plate mail*. The only thing it accomplishes for a warrior is arbitrarily reducing their balance and making it easier to knock them over. Someone like LeBlanc can get away with it because she's a wizard. But it's ludicrous to think that Leona's high heels aid her in blocking blows and leveraging for attacks, just as it is ridiculous to think that Vayne has not broken her ankles from tumbling in high heels. As silly as I think some of Riot's visual design is, I'm glad whomever had the fetish for irresponsible footwear has reeled it in a bit.

*Besides the rollerblade theory, which I think we can all agree is quite silly.

What does a giant crocodile with natural scale mail need armor for? RIDICULOUS!DO NOT LIKE!
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#42superdiddy34Posted 4/3/2013 10:53:58 AM
Suffer_Not posted...
Suffer_Not posted...
Leona wears high heels, so I automatically disregard her art design as "garbage tier".

A bit petty.

Give me one good and logical reason to wear high heels in plate mail*. The only thing it accomplishes for a warrior is arbitrarily reducing their balance and making it easier to knock them over. Someone like LeBlanc can get away with it because she's a wizard. But it's ludicrous to think that Leona's high heels aid her in blocking blows and leveraging for attacks, just as it is ridiculous to think that Vayne has not broken her ankles from tumbling in high heels. As silly as I think some of Riot's visual design is, I'm glad whomever had the fetish for irresponsible footwear has reeled it in a bit.

*Besides the rollerblade theory, which I think we can all agree is quite silly.

well if you want to get real here Leona's high heels would be the last thing i would think of not being logical
---
Gamertag:Urbandemon34
#43_Zero1_Posted 4/3/2013 10:58:58 AM
ElderPredator12 posted...
Leona not visually pleasing?

Get out.

Especially Valkyrie Leona, bet she could get me to Valhalla with or without my pants
---
i5 3570k| Radeon HD 7750| 16GB 1600mhz DDR3| Asrock Z77 Pro4| Coolmaster V8 CPU Cooler| W8| 700GB HDD
#44Savra104Posted 4/3/2013 10:59:06 AM
The only thing I dislike about Quinn's look are the pants, tbh. I like the medieval superhero look.

Leona looks like she's wearing a bodysuit with golden plate mail glued on. I like her, but at the same time, if she's supposed to actually be armored, it doesn't show that well. I wouldn't mind seeing a small VU on her that gives her actual armor for the torso, but there are other champions that need more help.

IronStylus is on the case for Sivir... just taking it really, really slowly. At the very least, he stated that he loves the Chinese art for her. Which would be a decent direction to update her toward.
#45Suffer_NotPosted 4/3/2013 11:13:15 AM
well if you want to get real here Leona's high heels would be the last thing i would think of not being logical

That's not how suspension of disbelief works. When you create a fiction, you create rules for that fiction. You have giant talking space crocodiles that fight in legal battles against little girls who can throw fireballs? Okay, I accept that.

Now that you have set those rules, you have to follow them. A fox can absorb the essence of a dying guy and turn into some sort of seductive fox demon? Fine. The smartest creature to have ever lived is basically Albert Einstein as a gerbil with an afro? I can live with that. High heels are a superior tactical option to wearing boots? Um... they they magic high heels? Does each champion have a hidden "sexiness" value that they have to meet before they're allowed to be summoned, and the heels are the easiest way to meet that without sacrificing real armor? Is there a height limit required before someone can be the Avatar of the Sun, and Leona just wasn't high enough otherwise?

No? None of that? There is no reason for her to be in high heels? Okay, then I reject that. You have no rules that would make it realistic within your lore for Leona to strut around in heels. This means you've broken the suspension of disbelief, allowing me to disbelieve your garbage visual design. Same thing for Quinn being covered in scale mail, by the way. I'm not upset that Leona is wearing something "sexy", I'm upset she is wearing something that does not match her character design. I've got nothing against heels where they make sense, but when they break character consistency I see them as a problem.
---
http://i.imgur.com/7Wah6.jpg
I'm actually incredibly overly passionate and...whats the word...viscous? - EltoniaX
#46oomhansPosted 4/3/2013 11:27:12 AM
s0ySauced posted...
Diana classic skin is awesome.

Control+F Diana
One result
Are you even trying, gamefaqs?
---
Nothing to see here, move along.
#47GANONDORFIVYPosted 4/3/2013 11:56:53 AM
omega bahumat posted...
ElderPredator12 posted...
Leona not visually pleasing?

Get out.

if you dont like leona then ur a macho dumb so get out and THIS
---
"I think different than you sir,and im here to stay, no matter how hard you close your eyes i'll be here" GANONDORFIVY
#48thedarklordx3Posted 4/3/2013 12:49:11 PM(edited)
SongstressCela posted...
This is probably because girls pick a wide variety of champions depending on the role they play, rather than only ever picking champions that are aesthetically pleasing to them.

Or, you know, we actually *gasp* LIKE the look of Riot's female champs, and this vocal minority is made up of foreveralones trying to score points with chicks and ugly girls who can't bear to think of attractiveness as the "norm."

there needs to be more people like you

less white knights, less ugly feminists, and more reasonable people who aren't whining about the practicality and realism of a game where every champion with the exception of 10 or 20 literally uses magic of some kind to give themselves super powers(even ones like jarvan, who uses MP to jump 20 feet in the air while wearing 50 pounds of armor and holding a 20 pound spear)

Bossfella posted...
Not that it's terribly surprising, but people's conception of "feminism" here is incredibly off-base.

wanna bet that if you asked adria richards or anita sarkeesian about their opinion that they would whine about evelynn and leblanc and miss fortune but applaud quinn (who might as well be a dude if she's not going to look distinguishably like a chick(it'd be like making a black champion but covering his skin... what would be the point of that?))
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#49TheSteelPhoenixPosted 4/3/2013 1:54:07 PM
SongstressCela posted...
This is probably because girls pick a wide variety of champions depending on the role they play, rather than only ever picking champions that are aesthetically pleasing to them.

Or, you know, we actually *gasp* LIKE the look of Riot's female champs, and this vocal minority is made up of foreveralones trying to score points with chicks and ugly girls who can't bear to think of attractiveness as the "norm."

This right here. I don't play with a statistically huge sample size of females (just 2), and they both love playing the scantly clad females, as well as the others. I know its a shocker in modern society, but some girls actually like the female form.
---
Cyber Troopers Virtual-On World Champion
#50ArtosRCPosted 4/3/2013 3:20:26 PM
I prefer something like this:

http://www.epictoon.com/the-files-for-the-blog-123098/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/black-plate.jpg

no boobs armor. You can still see the female curves yet it still retain a real feel of what a full plate armor should be no mater the gender.

Wow. What game is that? That's stellar design.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.