This or StarCraft 2?

#1Redskins4Life21Posted 4/3/2013 7:33:43 AM
Hey guys, just downloaded LoL and played through the tutorial. I played the original Starcraft games for about a solid year back in the day, and I've been playing SC2 now since Heart of the Swarm came out. I love Starcraft and I'm curious as to why LoL has become more popular.

To me, building a base in SC2 is the most enjoyable aspect of the game, so obviously LoL seems like a watered down experience at first glance. What is it that makes LoL better than SC2? Or, do you like SC2 better?
---
Now Playing: Black Ops II
Playing Soon: Dishonored, Halo 4, Walking Dead, Hitman, Rage, Need for Speed
#2infinitexxPosted 4/3/2013 7:34:33 AM
Different types of games.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#3natchu96Posted 4/3/2013 7:37:28 AM
Um, StarCraft 2 is an RTS, and this is a MOBA . . . ?
---
"Luna, I'm afraid he's right. You can't go around calling people that, even if in this case it appears to be the truth." - Sena
#4xDarknezzxPosted 4/3/2013 7:38:01 AM
this
starcraft is dying
#5Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 7:44:23 AM
natchu96 posted...

i know. still fair to compare the two games, though. its not like i'm comparing call of duty with madden
---
#6Twinrova225Posted 4/3/2013 7:46:23 AM
Redskins4Life21 posted...
natchu96 posted...

i know. still fair to compare the two games, though. its not like i'm comparing call of duty with madden

You might as well be comparing a Third Person Shooter and a Zelda game. MOBA's and RTS's have very little in common.

There's also the fact that LoL is well, free. And Starcraft 2 is not.
---
"Cid is badass. He's old and still crackin'. He can fight underwater with a lit cigarette in his mouth. He drinks the goddamn tea." -Gaming_Mastery
#7masterplumPosted 4/3/2013 7:46:37 AM
This game is free

why are we comparing them
---
yE frE me Kweku Ananse Papa
me:http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/1508/masterplumgm3.jpg
#8Beech_tibsPosted 4/3/2013 7:46:51 AM
free vs money

you decide
---
a lot of people are sheep so they won't believe a champion is strong until a pro says so
#9Walker_RealPosted 4/3/2013 7:47:05 AM
Mobas are more fun because

-They provide intensely chaotic scenes that you couldn't predict, and with micro skill can feel extremely heroic from

-This is more a team game than star craft 2, though I'm sure high end players tech cooperatively, your miniscule timing and micro is based off your other 4 allies during heated combat
#10Redskins4Life21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 7:48:07 AM
Twinrova225 posted...
Redskins4Life21 posted...
natchu96 posted...

You might as well be comparing a Third Person Shooter and a Zelda game. MOBA's and RTS's have very little in common.

There's also the fact that LoL is well, free. And Starcraft 2 is not.

Dota was originally created using WarCraft 3's map editor , was it not? One has to admit that to an outside observer or someone who is not deeply familiar with both games, they are comparable.
---