why are the ranged ADC,s calleed 'carry' when the Bruisers carry more often?

#1yourDaddiePosted 4/3/2013 7:19:35 AM
Carry does not mean doing damage it means carring the team to victory, due to this definition ranged ADCs should be renamed ranged DPS and bruiserss should be renamed carries
---
I am your father
#2SorrySleepingPosted 4/3/2013 7:21:08 AM
Mainly because riot has a label for "carry". I remember when we called them Ranged DPS. Ahh... the good old days...
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#3ThyCorndogPosted 4/3/2013 7:24:17 AM
When I'm fully stacked as Draven, I can kill a fully stacked bruiser in the blink of an eye (about 1k damage a hit with a high attack speed and constant critting)

I do agree that calling them carries is kind of pointless since ADC's tend to only carry lategame and most champions can carry (especially mids and tops) earlier on
---
Hey what's going on in this thread http://i.imgur.com/9VkxI.gif
My friend's YouTubes. She's got LP's and stuff. http://www.youtube.com/user/ratbirdchampion
#4HyperShadow4321Posted 4/3/2013 7:28:56 AM
Yeah, I'm not really sure either. I've played tons of games where the top and/or mid carried the team way harder than the ADC. I guess it just depends. I play premade 5's a lot with friends in a single room, so we tend to build our team to synergize really well and we all end up contributing pretty equally. I often end up playing ADC because I tend to just be the best ADC out of my friends (i suck at jungling and mid though), and I often end up getting either the most kills or equal to one or two of my friends; however, without the help of my teammates I wouldn't be able to do anything.

People in randoms tend to get the idea that the ADC should just magically murder everything and carry their team to victory even when the rest of the team is doing terrible and has no CC. If the ADC isn't doing bad, then it's the jungler's fault.
#5_HeXPosted 4/3/2013 7:29:49 AM
Because they copy-pasted from dota.
---
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.
#6ObsceneGesturesPosted 4/3/2013 8:04:46 AM
Most high level matches between evenly matched opponents last until "late-game." That is, late enough for the ADC to put out SIGNIFICANTLY more damage in a teamfight than anyone else on his/her team. Thus, "carry."
---
Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
#7yourDaddie(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:07:23 AM
ObsceneGestures posted...
Most high level matches between evenly matched opponents last until "late-game." That is, late enough for the ADC to put out SIGNIFICANTLY more damage in a teamfight than anyone else on his/her team. Thus, "carry."

Carry means winning not doing more damage, still jax seaks in and kills your kog if you let him
---
I am your father
#8MuevizPosted 4/3/2013 8:08:59 AM
It's the only way most of them can feel a little important.
---
Quid faciat volt scire Lyris. Quid? Sobria fellat.
#9NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 8:15:06 AM
When I'm fully stacked as Draven, I can kill a fully stacked bruiser in the blink of an eye (about 1k damage a hit with a high attack speed and constant critting)

I do agree that calling them carries is kind of pointless since ADC's tend to only carry lategame and most champions can carry (especially mids and tops) earlier on

But, wouldn't you still lose against a fully stacked Bruiser? You have no defense, they have a gap closer. Unless you can somehow kill them DURING their gap closer, I don't believe you'd live long, right?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#10SorrySleepingPosted 4/3/2013 8:18:44 AM

But, wouldn't you still lose against a fully stacked Bruiser? You have no defense, they have a gap closer. Unless you can somehow kill them DURING their gap closer, I don't believe you'd live long, right?

You have no defense, but you'll usually have a Last Whisper.
Bruisers have to be split offensive and defensive, and the defensive is split even more between physical and magical.
You have 100% offense. With lifesteal and big damage crits, you shouldn't have too much trouble unless they also have long duration CC.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~