why are the ranged ADC,s calleed 'carry' when the Bruisers carry more often?

#21SackBoiPosted 4/3/2013 9:41:10 AM
Idk maybe 1/10 games the carry actually carries? Is this why? o.O?
---
Sometimes you get the coal mine, and sometimes you get the shaft.
#22NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 9:42:21 AM
LlamaNub posted...
It depends on the bruiser really. Nasus and Jax with 6 items will still eat-up any 6-item ADC 1v1. The same goes for Tryndamere. The only time an ADC can win against them without having an item advantage is that your team peels for you.

this is true
Nasus and Jax are definitely exceptions and should be labeled as carries

isn't jax considered a Hyper Carry?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#23Rookie_JetPosted 4/3/2013 9:45:28 AM
yourDaddie posted...
SorrySleeping posted...
When I'm fully stacked as Draven, I can kill a fully stacked bruiser in the blink of an eye (about 1k damage a hit with a high attack speed and constant critting)

I do agree that calling them carries is kind of pointless since ADC's tend to only carry lategame and most champions can carry (especially mids and tops) earlier on

But, wouldn't you still lose against a fully stacked Bruiser? You have no defense, they have a gap closer. Unless you can somehow kill them DURING their gap closer, I don't believe you'd live long, right?

You have no defense, but you'll usually have a Last Whisper.
Bruisers have to be split offensive and defensive, and the defensive is split even more between physical and magical.
You have 100% offense. With lifesteal and big damage crits, you shouldn't have too much trouble unless they also have long duration CC.

Even Riot themselves stated that by design Ranged carries should not win 1v1 against a bruiser or melee carry without kitting,

But you're supposed to kite...otherwise, you're not playing the ADC to his/her full potential. With that logic, everyone must be useless except faceroll champs like Ryze.
#24LlamaNubPosted 4/3/2013 9:46:18 AM
He definitely is. But it's just that Riot's labels are outdated and inaccurate.

In my opinion, most DPS champions are carries... Garen and Leblanc as early-game carries. Pantheon/Brand as mid-game carries. Jax/Kog as late-game carries.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
#25ryanaPosted 4/3/2013 5:46:12 PM
Mueviz posted...
ryana posted...
Because that's what we call them.

Why should bruisers be called carries?

Because they carry more than a ranged dps?

Define "carry"

I could argue that supports help the team win more than any other role. Should they be defined as "carries"
#26thedarklordx3Posted 4/3/2013 7:06:06 PM
NicoGrimm posted...
LlamaNub posted...
It depends on the bruiser really. Nasus and Jax with 6 items will still eat-up any 6-item ADC 1v1. The same goes for Tryndamere. The only time an ADC can win against them without having an item advantage is that your team peels for you.

this is true
Nasus and Jax are definitely exceptions and should be labeled as carries

isn't jax considered a Hyper Carry?

he's a bruiser in early and mid, and hypercarries in the end of the game
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#27BeerBongJohnPosted 4/3/2013 7:19:05 PM
The game has changed since they've been named. According to Doublelift ADC's don't have near as much impact on the game s3 as they did in the earlier seasons. Remember the good ole days of release Vayne or Graves? or the period of the Holy Trinity that people used to complain about so much?
---
0% Class
100% A**
#28thedarklordx3Posted 4/3/2013 8:10:18 PM
BeerBongJohn posted...
The game has changed since they've been named. According to Doublelift ADC's don't have near as much impact on the game s3 as they did in the earlier seasons. Remember the good ole days of release Vayne or Graves? or the period of the Holy Trinity that people used to complain about so much?

aren't vayne and graves both really strong now?
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#29Kenji MurasamePosted 4/3/2013 8:42:22 PM(edited)
It's typical moba convention, being a "carry" and actually being "the carry" are totally different things.

Some characters are designed to have skills that scale, in Leagues case designed to have skills that scale *very well* and with their auto-attacks.
But who actually carries the game is a whole other matter, maybe it was a 20 minute game and your jungler carried, or even the support. Maybe in a long game some initiator/brawler goes all out with carry gear and behaves just like a carry because well, items are always equal.