EXP tramp - Warwick Jungle

#1LlamaNubPosted 4/3/2013 9:30:27 AM
I present you Experience Quints Warwick - possibly the cheesiest/gimmicky jungler ever.

The cheese:
-Exp Quints allow WW to hit level 3 before finishing Red (Wolves -> Blue -> Wraiths -> 1 small lizard). The implication of this is huge. Warwick is known to be weak early-game and prone to be camped at his red. With Exp quints, this is no longer the case. A level 2 Q chunks too hard at this stage of the game; it does more damage than any level 1 spell your invader might have (not to mention it heals for a non-negligible amount). Moreover, level 3 means that your Smite is more powerful than theirs, ensuring you to win a smite-war.

-The other obvious perk of course, is that it allows you to get to level 6 ASAP. This is evidently very important for Warwick.

The gimmick:
-Warwick is, in my knowledge, the only jungler that can start Machete + 2 pots + 1 ward. Even with this set-up, he will finish his route with near full health. The ward in this line-up is potentially very potent. If you think the enemy jungler might start at your Red, simply ward it. If you think the enemy team has a strong level one, simply ward your brush so you can fight them with better vision when they come for your Blue. At any rate, smart use of this ward will make your early-game infinitely smoother.

The set-up:
-I run 5/9/16 on this WW. My priority is to acquire the most exp boosts on the utility tree possible, which necessitates 16 investments. 9 in defence because of Bladed Armor and Veteran Scar are basically essential on any jungler. Finally, I max attack speed on the offense branch, with 1 point in minion damage to get some much-need clear speed.

-I'm sure other combinations are possible. But I think the exp bonuses are mandatory for this to work.

The hint:
-Since you are supposed to blitz to level 6, do not level up E until level 8 or 13. Instead, get an extra point in W at level 4. This allows WW to keep up in jungle farm. There is rarely a point in investing in Blood Scent early game because his ganks are too sub-par to make use of it anyway.

Conclusion:
-Exp Tramp Warwick minimizes his early-game "downtime" by getting to level 6 ASAP while making him significantly less vulnerable to jungle invasions without sacrificing sustain. This combination allows WW to be useful much more sooner while ensuring that he transitions to mid-game in a good state.
---
When life gives you lemons, blame yourself for planting the wrong tree.
#2Colegreen_c12Posted 4/3/2013 9:39:55 AM
The gimmick:
-Warwick is, in my knowledge, the only jungler that can start Machete + 2 pots + 1 ward.

nunu
---
rawr
#3LlamaNub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 9:41:06 AM
Haha, maybe. I never play Nunu. I hate him too much.
---
#4Rookie_JetPosted 4/3/2013 9:41:54 AM
Plus get Zilean on your team as mid or support :-D
#5BIadeBIadePosted 4/3/2013 10:09:18 AM
The gimmick:
-Warwick is, in my knowledge, the only jungler that can start Machete + 2 pots + 1 ward.

nunu

fiddlesticks
---
League of Legends - Zantoma
PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#6KeiHazuki99Posted 4/3/2013 10:10:54 AM
BIadeBIade posted...
The gimmick:

nunu

fiddlesticks

Nasus
#7KishoruPosted 4/3/2013 10:11:47 AM
So if you run exp quints, why not use someone who could use that third level with more impact?
---
She's a few cards short of a full deck: a joker in the game, ooh.
She's got a bullet with your name on it - no doubt she's a mental case.
#8LlamaNub(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 10:15:37 AM
Ok, but I don't think it's very smart for Fiddlesticks to start 2 pots. That's because his sustain is channeled. Warwick doesn't have this issue.

Also, I would like less nit-picking, but more on the jungle idea itself.
---
#9NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 10:16:49 AM
Wouldn't it make more sense for Fiddle to start mana pots over health pots? Or is is health drain not good enough in the beginning?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#10Walker_RealPosted 4/3/2013 10:20:42 AM
Have you explored every single viable WW option?

Have you considered starting items that can do the same thing so you can rune for things that will have some outcome in the end game?