Support popularity and their win rates

#1PrintScreenKeyPosted 4/3/2013 10:10:35 AM
Popularity
1. Taric
2. Sona
3. Blitzcrank
4. Thresh
5. Leona

Taric and Sona shows that people like faceroll champions.
Blitzcrank/Thresh/Leona shows that people like to go for champion kills.

Win Rate
1. Janna
2. Sona
3. Thresh
4. Leona
5. Taric
6. Blitzcrank

From the win rates, we can see that the popularity in support is justified.
Faceroll and champion killing supports seem to work.

However, Janna is an anomaly. She is not as popular yet wins games.

After careful analysis, I have concluded that she'sn't popular because she doesn't fulfill the attributes of the popular supports, i.e.
1) She is not a faceroll champion.
2) She doesn't hand ADC champion kills on a silver platter like blitz/thresh/leona can.
#2NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 10:15:10 AM
I never did understand why no one seems to play Janna. She seems to be absolutely amazing in team fights,a nd disrupting the enemy in general.

And, not seeing Lulu up there confuses me. Her kit seems like it fits any situation. Not to mention how fun she is to play.
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#3SorrySleepingPosted 4/3/2013 10:16:35 AM
I never did understand why no one seems to play Janna. She seems to be absolutely amazing in team fights,a nd disrupting the enemy in general.

And, not seeing Lulu up there confuses me. Her kit seems like it fits any situation. Not to mention how fun she is to play.

Janna is very easy to mess up with. Tornado the wrong way, ult during the wrong time, and you just lost the game.
---
~{Always Sleeping}~
#4NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 10:18:37 AM
Well, that's true. But like, she just seems amazing if you actually do know how to play her. Isn't it worth learning a champ if they can do well when played right?
---
"So selfish them" would be their cry. And, who'd be brave to argue? Doin' what you people need is never on the menu!
#5Darkyellow327Posted 4/3/2013 10:20:39 AM
NicoGrimm posted...

You have never had a bad Janna player? Miss every tornado? Flash Ult the entire enemy team into your squishies?
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#6infinitexxPosted 4/3/2013 10:21:06 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
Well, that's true. But like, she just seems amazing if you actually do know how to play her. Isn't it worth learning a champ if they can do well when played right?

Yes, because Janna is amazing.

Also, her passive is stupidly useful. Free Nimble for everyone.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#7Ninjapleas3Posted 4/3/2013 10:21:50 AM
Janna can throw out tornados and doesn't have to get into harms way to get a stun off and she can reset a bad fight. Direct counter to taric and leona. She isn't popular but she counters popular supports.
#8NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 10:25:20 AM
NicoGrimm posted...

You have never had a bad Janna player? Miss every tornado? Flash Ult the entire enemy team into your squishies?

I've never had a Janna player. :P
A friend tried her out once, and did horribly, but that's about it. I definitely understand why landing tornado, and her Ult, and whatever else can make or break a fight though.
---
#9Darkyellow327Posted 4/3/2013 10:27:13 AM
NicoGrimm posted...
NicoGrimm posted...

I've never had a Janna player. :P
A friend tried her out once, and did horribly, but that's about it. I definitely understand why landing tornado, and her Ult, and whatever else can make or break a fight though.

Bad Janna's single-handedly throw games for you. She is incredibly good though.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#10NicoGrimmPosted 4/3/2013 10:28:51 AM
So, she's basically one of those champs you can't just pick up and play, and really need some practice time with, right?
---