Strong, but not often contested TT picks?

#11MilanBarcaPosted 4/3/2013 3:14:16 PM
Gragas
Riven
Swain
---
http://backloggery.com/milan
#12dark_lord_havocPosted 4/3/2013 3:14:56 PM
Rumble
#13JaggiJumperPosted 4/3/2013 3:24:50 PM
Wukong/Skarner are very strong TT champions that are rarely banned so they're good to master.

Common bans;
Darius+Cho almost always banned, Rumble, Kayle, J4, Lee, Jax, Singed often banned.

Teemo is NOT a good early pick. He has shrooms and range, so people think he's good for TT, but if you early pick Teemo, they can pick assassins like Diana/Akali/KhaZix who can build tanky and take him out.

Also the Grez's upgrade completely destroys his ult's usefulness.

If people disagree with the above, I'm happy to discuss. I have two plat 3s teams and we've never lost to a team with Teemo or Vayne, but never won against a team with Cho/Darius.
---
http://www.youtube.com/TimMH3
LoL IGN: I Am Zyra. http://i.imgur.com/a4FS1pt.gif
#14Rookie_JetPosted 4/3/2013 4:00:42 PM
I don't play a lot of TT, but I am putting together some logic from my experience with SR, take this for what you will.

I would say Akali and other bursty/assassin types would excel at TT. My reasoning is that they are great in small skirmishes or taking out one or two enemies really fast. Their biggest weakness is when they get focused since they are so squishy and when they have too many enemies to kill. TT seems to take care of both of those weaknesses.

Akali can get in and 100-0 someone very quickly and it would suddenly become a 2v3 in a short time. I think Akali would be the best at this because she would be able to keep up her burst since she doesn't have a normal ult CD like other assassin types like Talon. So it's kill one, back out if you need to for 15-20 sec for another charge on R, then proceed to 2v3 at full strength.

In general, bursty assassins and other early/mid game champs seem like they're great for TT since they're much shorter games.
#15DarkLagunaPosted 4/3/2013 4:12:45 PM
Rookie_Jet posted...
I don't play a lot of TT, but I am putting together some logic from my experience with SR, take this for what you will.

I would say Akali and other bursty/assassin types would excel at TT. My reasoning is that they are great in small skirmishes or taking out one or two enemies really fast. Their biggest weakness is when they get focused since they are so squishy and when they have too many enemies to kill. TT seems to take care of both of those weaknesses.

Akali can get in and 100-0 someone very quickly and it would suddenly become a 2v3 in a short time. I think Akali would be the best at this because she would be able to keep up her burst since she doesn't have a normal ult CD like other assassin types like Talon. So it's kill one, back out if you need to for 15-20 sec for another charge on R, then proceed to 2v3 at full strength.

In general, bursty assassins and other early/mid game champs seem like they're great for TT since they're much shorter games.

Not really.

Take you squishy assassin against the usual Bruiser/tanky lineup that the better teams on TT use, and they can't do enough damage to burst them down before they're CC'd/bursted/sustained damaged down themselves. Laning phases in TT is VERY short; usually once someone hits 6, it's teamfights constantly. Your squishies WILL be focused, and against 3 bruisers with gapclosers, CC, and lots of health, there isn't much they can do about it.

About the only comps with squishies that work are "protect the ADC" comps, where you have two bruisers with heavy peel and an ADC like Cog or Draven that can constantly put down huge bursts to take down 3 bruisers. More than one squishy, and you pretty much lost from the get-go unless you can win early or the enemy has an equally bad comp. Keep in mind that you gain XP and Gold MUCH faster on Twisted Treeline, so the game transitions much faster than your usual 5's match; you have to snowball HARD for a squishy to be relevant past 15 minutes or so

I play Twisted Treeline quite a bit, so I'm talking from experience, not theorycrafting.
---
I feel a draft on my butt...
#16WayavasPosted 4/3/2013 4:22:23 PM
Volibear is great on TT
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#17Chrikke666Posted 4/3/2013 5:41:33 PM
Lack of Cassiopeia in here.
---
LoL EU West: Sabrewylf
#18Rookie_JetPosted 4/3/2013 10:56:54 PM
DarkLaguna posted...
Rookie_Jet posted...

Not really.

Take you squishy assassin against the usual Bruiser/tanky lineup that the better teams on TT use, and they can't do enough damage to burst them down before they're CC'd/bursted/sustained damaged down themselves. Laning phases in TT is VERY short; usually once someone hits 6, it's teamfights constantly. Your squishies WILL be focused, and against 3 bruisers with gapclosers, CC, and lots of health, there isn't much they can do about it.

About the only comps with squishies that work are "protect the ADC" comps, where you have two bruisers with heavy peel and an ADC like Cog or Draven that can constantly put down huge bursts to take down 3 bruisers. More than one squishy, and you pretty much lost from the get-go unless you can win early or the enemy has an equally bad comp. Keep in mind that you gain XP and Gold MUCH faster on Twisted Treeline, so the game transitions much faster than your usual 5's match; you have to snowball HARD for a squishy to be relevant past 15 minutes or so

I play Twisted Treeline quite a bit, so I'm talking from experience, not theorycrafting.

Fair enough. I thought there was a good chance I was wrong :-)