Jungle Nasus skill order?

#1spaldPosted 4/3/2013 5:23:47 PM
I want to go Q first so I can reliably level it (not 8 sec cooldown), wither second of course for ganks.

But almost every guide says level Wither, then e, then q last.
#2Plague1503Posted 4/3/2013 5:27:24 PM
Yes. Maxing Q is pretty bad in Jungle. Just play him toplane and afkfarm if you want to play that kind of Nasus.
---
"Every time that IdrA accidentally lost a few drones i wanted to be like "TEN POINTS FROM GRYFFINDOR!""
--Day[9]
#3darkwing1232Posted 4/3/2013 5:31:15 PM
The guides are correct. I tend to go back and forth with W and E. Q should be taken last because as a jungler, clear time is much more important than lvling Q. If you focused on Q you would end up being 4 lvls behind when team fights start. E is rediculously efficient at jungle clearing.

Usually its lvl 1 E, 2 Q, 3 W, then back and forth E W.
#4spald(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 5:48:54 PM
So jungle Nasus will have a horrible q damage unless the game goes to 70 minutes?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#5mutation10101Posted 4/3/2013 5:53:19 PM
You trade Q damage for safer farming being a Jungle Nasus.
---
10-6-12 The day LoL kept crashing to save the wards.
#6darkwing1232Posted 4/3/2013 5:56:08 PM
your job as a jungler is not to rack up dozens of kills 2shotting sqishies with your Q, its to help your laners push their lane with armor shreds and the best slow in the game and Solo dragons. Then once laning phase is done your job is to R tank. Plus most Nasus junglers will incorporate an extra ad item or two to compensate for the lack of Q buff.
#7xVashTS98xPosted 4/3/2013 5:56:48 PM
spald posted...
So jungle Nasus will have a horrible q damage unless the game goes to 70 minutes?

You're pretending like you can't farm with Q if you don't max it.

R>E>W>Q for Jungle Nasus. This gives you AOE resistance shred for fights and fast jungle clear, and maxing W second gives you arguably the best debuff in the game maxed out for teamfight and dragon control midgame.

If you want to farm you Q and be a threat that way, go play top lane.
---
StarCraft 2: VashTS; 330; Random
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Vash; Random
#8Khaos XeroPosted 4/3/2013 6:05:22 PM
Personally, I've been fine going EQEW then RQWE. 2 points in Spirit Fire is usually enough for the camps and utility. Then you can rack up your Q damage faster. Honestly, you may only need Q at rank 3 or so because most of the time you only get to stack Q twice on camps; 1 on a small monster and 1 on the big monster.

You don't need to max E first and can pretty much not have a skill fully maxed. He's so flexible in his skill order.
---
Playing: League of Legends [PC], Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne [PS2]
#9DPMplusFPPosted 4/3/2013 7:29:29 PM

No. Leveling Nasus' Q does not increase the amount of stat it receives, it is a flat 3/6. You max it first on top because you have an abundant resource of potential farm, lower cd = more Q farm. However in the jungle, you are only getting 2 farms of Q per camp, this does not change with decrease cd. You get the big mob, and one small mob. Not maxing Q in jungle is not the factor in jungle nasus having a lower damage.
#10spald(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 3:26:07 PM

No. Leveling Nasus' Q does not increase the amount of stat it receives, it is a flat 3/6. You max it first on top because you have an abundant resource of potential farm, lower cd = more Q farm. However in the jungle, you are only getting 2 farms of Q per camp, this does not change with decrease cd. You get the big mob, and one small mob. Not maxing Q in jungle is not the factor in jungle nasus having a lower damage.

I don't know. 2 sec cd vs. 8 sec. changes a lot. At wraiths, I can usually get all 4 on my q around level 10.