About Xerath's Passive...

#1robertoIIPosted 4/3/2013 5:18:14 PM
Do you think it's an ok passive? Think it's lame? OP?

Personally, I find it... out of place for Xerath, but I'm not saying it's bad... heck, it's a pretty nice passive against AD champs especially in the late game where you can see some REAL results.

My curiosity was piqued when I saw this...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=35941956#35941956

Also, this...

"Not sure if it was mentioned yet, but what ever happened to his original passive? On his initial reveal his passive was something like spells cast in a short time do extra damage but cost more mana. I'm no Xerath player but it seems like it would fit his kit very well, and I'm not sure why Riot ever changed it."

by lepermessiah44...
---
PSN: robertoII
#2aHappySackaPosted 4/3/2013 5:19:44 PM
It makes him harder to kill and since he's so immobile I think it helps a lot, and he can skip getting a Zhonyas as well.

If it ain't broke then don't fix it.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#3AphoristicPosted 4/3/2013 5:35:28 PM
Passive = Spellblade (auto attacks do +AP damage)
W = No more magic pen, also increases auto attack range.
R = Stores charges (like Teemo or Corki).

Easy. He even replied to me saying that would work, except for some reason he thinks there is a far "deeper" design flaw with Xerath or something.
---
[ Aphoristic (360/Steam/League) | Aphoristic92 (PS3) ]
[ 'Look at that dang-ass dang!' - Arin Hansen ]
#4g-cube_mastaPosted 4/3/2013 5:53:04 PM
he's honestly fine as is

his passive is surprisingly useful

when you eventually get zhonya's you'll have 200+ armor and all those kha's and jayce's you see will have a good bit of trouble getting rid of you.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#5WayavasPosted 4/3/2013 5:57:26 PM
g-cube_masta posted...
he's honestly fine as is

his passive is surprisingly useful

when you eventually get zhonya's you'll have 200+ armor and all those kha's and jayce's you see will have a good bit of trouble getting rid of you.

---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#6Kevman510Posted 4/3/2013 6:15:31 PM
It's alright, I think the old "further your target is from you the more damage they take" would have been cool too.
#7robertoII(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 8:10:59 PM
Not really saying that his current passive is bad... but I'd prefer a more offensive passive than a defensive one.
---
#8MetleonPosted 4/3/2013 8:17:30 PM
Aphoristic posted...

So you don't want him to do true damage to champs with 1 MR item? Honestly, the Magic Pen on his W is just as good as the range. If it weren't people would max E second instead.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#9josephgsPosted 4/3/2013 8:51:25 PM
Hes really good ATM borderline OP. Giving him one of those passives would make him 100% OP and hotfixed instantly.
---
Finally some Action!!
#10robertoII(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 11:57:34 AM
josephgs posted...
Hes really good ATM borderline OP. Giving him one of those passives would make him 100% OP and hotfixed instantly.

Not really... just plain dangerous and safe.. but get close to him and he's like a cat fighting for his puny life.

His current passive makes him balanced in both defense and offense.

Aphoristic posted...

So you don't want him to do true damage to champs with 1 MR item? Honestly, the Magic Pen on his W is just as good as the range. If it weren't people would max E second instead.

Naw, I'd still pick W, coz cooldown.
---