Someone explain to me how a Vayne-Sona lane works?

#1QuantumMechonisPosted 4/3/2013 9:05:34 PM
I don't see how this lane comp works at all. Both Sona and Vayne are too squishy to take much harass even with Sona's heals and can't really do much against harass-heavy comps. Every time I go Sona support I cannot do anything to help Vayne in lane at all. Can't protect her, can't set up until level 6, etc. etc.
---
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
#2Dota2Posted 4/3/2013 9:32:06 PM
its because its not that good
---
http://i.imgur.com/qd9BZ.gif http://i.minus.com/ibf1QT2Nx5VTOy.jpg
#3TomorrowDogPosted 4/3/2013 9:33:49 PM
Go AD Sona with support Vayne and while the enemy is caught off-guard by your tactics get a double kill on them.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#4ryanaPosted 4/3/2013 9:34:08 PM
Its a bad combo, Vayne wants to farm, she needs a support who can keep harass off her and give her sustain.
#5HabnotPosted 4/3/2013 9:34:24 PM
You'll beat lanes that you could have beaten as support anyone but you're kind of screwed against Taric/Leona/Blitz/Thresh + any ADC with right click powers.
---
Look, the point is to get him to go to the naked party, not correctly interpret the Bible. - Ridley X.
#6Earthbound360Posted 4/3/2013 9:36:51 PM
As a Sona mainer, I can confidently say I highly dislike Vayne as an ADC partner. She just doesn't properly amplify what makes Sona good.

Cait can make her pokes hurt
Varus and Ashe make combo CC delicious
MF makes the AoE fantastic
Twitch and Draven hurt like friggin hell
Post 6 Kog and Corki make great pokers with Sona
Graves and Sivir's full burst combo with Sona's burst combo just wrecks

I feel like unless Vayne gets a lucky stun off, she just doesn't have much to offer.
---
You know 1% milk? If it's 1% milk, what's the other 99% of white stuff?
General Screenname Name: Mik! || Monster Hunter Profile in Quote
#7QuantumMechonis(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 9:37:17 PM
Ok then, thanks for confirming what I figured out a long time ago: that Sona and Vayne do not combo well at all. Yet people still lock in Vayne after I lock in Sona and then wonder why we don't do well in lane.
---
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.
#8drakis24Posted 4/3/2013 9:37:19 PM
Whos going to harass sona when shes in correct position? The range on her q nuke and power chord out harass any other support? You can dive sona and nuke her. Trying to out poke and harass her is stupid.Stand in bottom brush and if they do dive you boom vayne has a pin set up for a double kill, while sona gets killed.
#9Darkyellow327Posted 4/3/2013 9:46:36 PM(edited)
drakis24 posted...
Whos going to harass sona when shes in correct position? The range on her q nuke and power chord out harass any other support? You can dive sona and nuke her. Trying to out poke and harass her is stupid.Stand in bottom brush and if they do dive you boom vayne has a pin set up for a double kill, while sona gets killed.

Taric and Graves? Thresh and Ez? Thresh and MF? Leona and Graves? Leona and MF?

It takes like less than 5 seconds to kill Sona if she gets stunned in some way.
---
Not changing my sig until Soulja Boy challenges me to a rap battle
#10bstbllPosted 4/3/2013 9:44:41 PM
drakis24 posted...

wat

Lulu (the only other really poke-y support, in my opinion) has a longer range harass than Sona's. Don't get me wrong, she's a great support. But she has her bad matchups and if she has poor synergy with her ADC (like she does with Vayne) then there's a decent chance of her getting beat.
---
So basically communists are druids. -Gestapoid