A team of 4 actually has an advantage over a team of 5

#1P00DGEPosted 4/4/2013 1:38:35 AM
Until late game anyway. More experience and gold per player means an early advantage. It isn't until late game where the number difference bites them in the ass. In every game where there is an immediate disconnect, the level difference on the team of 4 is much higher throughout the entire leveling phase, and the gold gain per person is higher as well, which means a more solid powerful set of 4 champs. Of course, once everyone hits 18 and a couple major items are bought on both teams, the team of 5 immediately has the advantage.
#2irishman5705Posted 4/4/2013 1:40:06 AM
None of that matters when you lose every teamfight and have zero map/obj control due to them being a man up.
---
GT: Irish H2
"Oh, my bad, I was high on gamefaqs again" - Oblivion
#3PhoenixNinePosted 4/4/2013 1:43:07 AM
The heck?

You could not be more wrong.
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#4PrizmSlashPosted 4/4/2013 1:47:50 AM
You're wrong. Period
---
-_-
#5DeadpooL7Posted 4/4/2013 1:52:20 AM
Ummm no cause then you have either an empty lane (the enemy can literally his 100% cs with no trouble), or the bot lane is just dead in the water with only one, or most likely you have no jungler which lets the other jungler free farm BOTH jungles (which will make up for the advantage you think exists) and that team is the only one that need to care about ganks. The team with 5 can push all day since there is no jungle pressure to make them be careful.
---
Taric is mai waifu
#6WayavasPosted 4/4/2013 1:53:33 AM
Why would TC even bother making this topic?
---
If Raptor Jesus is your lord and savior and you are 100% proud of it, copy this into your signature.
#7legendarylemurPosted 4/4/2013 1:53:43 AM
If the support is missing and the adc is amazing, then yeah you can potentially steamroll a 4v5. Rarely the case though. Lots of pressure? That means you won't farm. If you don't farm, not only do you not get items, you also don't level as quick as you think you do! In the end, you'll be the same level as the duo/constant gank laners you're against, and since you're always outnumbered, you'll lose fights and give deaths as well. It's a tragic cycle.
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#8g-cube_mastaPosted 4/4/2013 2:07:42 AM
With teams of equal skill pitted against each other the team with 4 players will never win.
---
~GameFAQs LoL Board President~
http://i.imgur.com/6rO0g.png
#9P00DGE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 2:11:39 AM
Note, the team of 4 will likely not win. It is an early advantage. Every game I have seen a 4v5 happen, the team of 4 has an average of 2 levels more than the team of 5. The advantage disappears quickly, but it is there early
#10KosukeKGAPosted 4/4/2013 2:18:18 AM
Gold gain per person does not increase if someone leaves the game. This is not HoN/Dota 2.

Misinformed and completely wrong. Also, imagine if the Top Lane or Mid D/C'd. Are you really going to let your AD be alone and have the support farm a different lane?