A team of 4 actually has an advantage over a team of 5

#21King_of_NowPosted 4/4/2013 10:55:41 AM
Wayavas posted...
Why would TC even bother making this topic?

Some people weren't given enough attention as children.

As a result, psychology teaches us that they will grow to revel in the attention of others, despite having no person acquaintance with them. Basically, their lacking love when they were younger translates into an unconquerable need to receive it later on.
#22dennis941012Posted 4/4/2013 10:59:19 AM
By gold gain, I mean minion spread. And with fewer people, experience is shared by less people, which means each individual gets more than they normally would. It isn't hard for bot lane to solo against 2 if they play passive and accept that they won't be getting any kills. The result is a smaller team that levels up a bit quicker and can afford their first item faster. After that, it all goes downhill, and fast.

no
4vs5 = loss of global gold and zoning

top d/c resulting in jungler filling in = other lane buying less wards and going more ham
same with mid
jungler d/c enemy jungler steals all the buff, no dragon control, and lack of map pressure on anything
support d/c = adc loses
adc d/c = support loses
---
#23Xion350Posted 4/4/2013 11:06:01 AM
Even if the team of 4 had an advantage, all they need to do is send their 5th off to side push. Even if the team of 5 somehow lost every team fight, the 5th pushing side lanes would eventually reach their inhibitors.
---
Remember remember... the 30th of November. The day that heroes could not save the world. ~In remembrance of City of Heroes.
#24Kandar888Posted 4/4/2013 11:09:47 AM(edited)
P00DGE posted...
By gold gain, I mean minion spread. And with fewer people, experience is shared by less people, which means each individual gets more than they normally would. It isn't hard for bot lane to solo against 2 if they play passive and accept that they won't be getting any kills. The result is a smaller team that levels up a bit quicker and can afford their first item faster. After that, it all goes downhill, and fast.

The only problem with your logic.... is that there's none. You fail to realize that lower level (bronze and silver) people don't recognize how to pressure a situation. Sure you could argue that if the team of 4 puts one player in each lane and one in the jungle they may level faster than their counter part on the other team in the ONE lane, but the other team still has 5 people. All the other team needs to do it be smart and stick three people into a lane once two people have pushed it.

I.E. you have a bot lane ADC and support vs just the ADC. The 2v1 pushes to the tower, jungler comes at perfect timing to help, it's 3v1. Now how does the team that's 4v5 stop this? They don't. The team with 4v5 NEVER have an advantage. It's merely the team with 5 not capitalizing on the given opportunity.
#25nomorePosted 4/4/2013 11:11:20 AM
You heard it hear first.
LCS finals 2013, one team has an AFK support to gain an advantage.
#26P00DGE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 6:57:36 PM
Ephidel posted...
If even you think it's only a small and brief advantage, I don't see why you made this topic to begin with.

The same reason any other topic is made. Conversation. I just have forgotten how every single topic on this board has a point to be made and is important for our future and well being. I made this topic because it was just something I seemed to notice after numerous 4v5's in the last couple weeks.
#27P00DGE(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 7:00:18 PM
nomore posted...
You heard it hear first.
LCS finals 2013, one team has an AFK support to gain an advantage.

Perhaps advantage is the wrong word. It is more of a temporary boost. It is by no means an ideal situation.