Volibear nerf on PBE

#1ManTigerPosted 4/4/2013 7:59:19 AM
What do you guys think about its q nerf?
I think it's significant enough to make him sort of...not even top-tier.
Volibear was always a champ that can do so much from early to midgame since it was more than just a meatshield due to his ganking abilities and bite. And Volibear pretty much jhust becomes a meatshield in lategame (but hey that's still damn good). But now with that q nerf, volibear's earlygame sort of sucks due to losing his ganking game. I don't know about midgame but at this point, I'm going to say volibear's nerf is going to be huge if it does come to the actual game. Also, the general consensus in the Korean community is that Volibear is worthless on PBE post Q nerf. But I' like to hear out your opinions as well because I don't think Volibear will be totally useless but eh...maybe...I don't know. I just think Volibear on't be a first-pick type of champ for any role. Hell, I'd much rather use Hecarim over Volibear for tanky jungling.
#2GreatKiraLordPosted 4/4/2013 8:02:40 AM
I think that Q nerf might also be big enough to take him down from the top-tier status.
I've asked this same question to this community and pretty much everyone said Volibear's nerf is huge. I also have been hearing the same thing in the Korean community that's he sucks now on PBE.
#3PrizmSlashPosted 4/4/2013 8:05:56 AM(edited)
GreatKiraLord posted...
I think that Q nerf might also be big enough to take him down from the top-tier status.
I've asked this same question to this community and pretty much everyone said Volibear's nerf is huge. I also have been hearing the same thing in the Korean community that's he sucks now on PBE.

Dude you haven't played this game enough to form an opinion of something that hasn't even happened yet.
---
-_-
#4wehomiesPosted 4/4/2013 8:09:47 AM
PrizmSlash posted...
GreatKiraLord posted...

Dude you haven't played this game enough to form an opinion of something that hasn't even happened yet.

wut
#5XelltrixPosted 4/4/2013 8:13:15 AM
What are they doing to it specifically? He's always been pretty strong and hard to deal with for a good amount of champions, but I'm not sure a huge nerf is in order.
---
Reading this post may induce one or more of the following:
Nausea / Butt-Hurt / Lulz / UM? Syndrome / Angst / Diarrhea
#6wehomiesPosted 4/4/2013 8:15:24 AM
Xelltrix posted...
What are they doing to it specifically? He's always been pretty strong and hard to deal with for a good amount of champions, but I'm not sure a huge nerf is in order.

q always added 45% to movement
now it's like 30/35/40/45/50%
so you only get 30% movement bonus from a point into q
#7nomorePosted 4/4/2013 8:23:23 AM(edited)
For those who want the details but too lazy to look:

Volibear
Rolling Thunder ( Q ) bonus movement speed when moving towards enemy champs decreased to 30/35/40/45/50 from 45% at all ranks.

It doesn't sound all that bad to me..
Better positioning needed. MS quints mandatory, run ghost maybe, 0/9/21 same as Hec?

Who knows, without playing it out.
#8wehomiesPosted 4/4/2013 8:18:46 AM
but you want to use flash on volibear and the last spot shouodn't ghost for jungling.
I guess you could play top with him or something, iono.
they took the volibear's strong point, crazy good early ganking imho.
#9XcZeus3469Posted 4/4/2013 8:20:02 AM
lol anyone who says this makes volibear crap tier is either stupid or trolling. his Q movespeed isnt what makes him powerful.
---
"I read this as a Bannanable Offense. I was like, what ksing with Soraka?"-Kirby 1207
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CommanderKJK-1173/hero/60977
#10wehomiesPosted 4/4/2013 8:21:42 AM
it doesn't make him crap tier
it takes away a **** ton of earlygame ganking capabilities or just earlygame overall
and you'd be ****ing kidding yourself if you think you can gank well in mid to lategame.