Good to get into now or should I just pass?

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 4/4/2013 4:18:39 PM
Finally have some free time and no real games to play. Been wanting to try LoL for awhile now but all the talk of how toxic the community is shys me away, its pretty much what caused me to quit the COD series, the community.

Should I give this a shot now with how the more foul people are being delt with and the game is still as popular as ever or should I save myself the frustration and just go back to another MMO?
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2gfshynoblPosted 4/4/2013 4:20:26 PM
You'll get ragers if your bad at the game.
If you dont have patients dont play.
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:best ashe africa
#3GotTheGreensPosted 4/4/2013 4:20:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4BlighttownPosted 4/4/2013 4:21:05 PM
the lol community is a million times worse than cod because what they do actually affects your gameplay and you can't just leave when somebody's annoying

you'll get used to it though, or you can just play with gfaqs premades. No one ever really trolls except for xerosensephantom. Don't ever play with him he's the scumbag of gfaqs
---
hi im toki u suck
#5genericname1234Posted 4/4/2013 4:21:16 PM
It's definitely a game where you'll want to read up on some the basics before starting. It'll definitely help to reduce some early headaches. Don't be afraid to judiciously use the mute button. The community is at its worst at the low levels. You'll find people smurfing or people making new accounts after getting banned.
---
"SR'ing is having the RNG abuse you." Deshokun
#6TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:21:36 PM
gfshynobl posted...
You'll get ragers if your bad at the game.
If you dont have patients dont play.

I'm not a doctor though.

No, really.

A person has to LEARN the game to do well at it I hope you realize.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#7TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 4:22:15 PM
GotTheGreens posted...
TheBlueDeath posted...
Finally have some free time and no real games to play. Been wanting to try LoL for awhile now but all the talk of how toxic the community is shys me away, its pretty much what caused me to quit the COD series, the community.

Should I give this a shot now with how the more foul people are being delt with and the game is still as popular as ever or should I save myself the frustration and just go back to another MMO?

wut.

I didn't mean Lol is an MMO, I mean, I'm going to go back to an MMO as a time sink.
---
#8MindOSTPosted 4/4/2013 4:23:12 PM
Try to find a friend (or four) to play with to help you through the early learning curve.
---
Obvious alt is obvious
http://www.youtube.com/user/MindOST
#9ryanaPosted 4/4/2013 4:23:13 PM
I haven't really had too much issue with the community being toxic. You run into the occasional moron but that's any game.

Its free, and a lot of fun. Give it a try! However, if you're unfamiliar with MOBAs you should do some reading on the basics first, there's enough to learn in this game with all the different champions without having to add that to it.
#10aHappySackaPosted 4/4/2013 4:28:36 PM(edited)
Either give it a try or go play minecraft, don't half-ass it.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=