Good to get into now or should I just pass?

#11zeppelin312Posted 4/4/2013 5:27:02 PM
of the games I've played, the community isn't that much worse then others

if you play bot games for the first 5 or so levels, you can avoid a ton of the toxic idiots that smurf at that level

If it wasn't for the better learning you can get from playing normals, I would say avoid normals even longer, but there is a ton you can learn from normals that you can't from bots.

part of the problem at really low levels is there are more smurfs, who can often be quite toxic

most bot games seem to be pretty nice, I didn't play very many when I started though. I'm going from what I've heard from others.
#12TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 5:33:49 PM
What is a smurf? (Outside of a small blue person that lives in a mushroom)

Also, how much does real money weigh in this? Just appearance and comestic items?
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#13MMG_Posted 4/4/2013 5:36:09 PM
This games just keeps getting more and more popular.
---
When I'm drunk I like to feed the trolls.
[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]|||||||||||||||||||\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
#14TheDarkNerdPosted 4/4/2013 5:41:28 PM
Smurfs are essentially alt accounts that belong to higher-level players. Expect them to know more about the game than people naturally at their account level. Don't expect them to actually be as good as the level they claim their main to be.

The only cosmetic items are "skins", which can only be purchased with RP (which, under normal conditions, can only be purchased with real money). RP can also purchase champions, and indeed champions regularly go on sale at half-off their normal RP value. Still, champions are also bought with the in-game points (Influence Points) earned from playing. You should be able to buy new champs on a fairly regularly basis, but it's a common recommendation to save up your IP for level 20 so that you can instantly buy Tier 3 Runes (which cannot be purchased with RP).

It's worth noting that there's no actual correlation between the price of a champ and their strength as a champ. Price is mostly affected by the age of the champ.
---
http://i.imgur.com/WKp3kfx.gif
#15zeppelin312Posted 4/4/2013 5:41:47 PM
TheBlueDeath posted...
What is a smurf? (Outside of a small blue person that lives in a mushroom)

Also, how much does real money weigh in this? Just appearance and comestic items?

smurfs are people who make a secondary account, usually to play against people of lower skill then themselves

because they consider themselves so much better, they are often anal *****bags who criticize people trying to learn

money doesn't give you much of a competitive advantage in the game, it is mainly for quicker acquisition of champs, and cosmetic changes. IT also can get you more runepages, but not runes, outside of champion packs that give you some.
#16Sir Spiffy CapePosted 4/4/2013 5:43:23 PM
Once you get into League a bit, you realize:

Raging is part of the fun. It makes those games where everyone works together all that more memorable until someone takes a dump on your precious memories by rage-worthy actions once more.
---
A game that promotes slavery and gambling under the illusion of 'friendship' and 'sportsmanship' is automatically an awesome game. - dydt