Does a jungler ABSOLUTELY have to use smite?

#1pigpenwc43Posted 4/4/2013 4:57:17 PM
I use flash and Teleport with Amumu and have no problem with it but people think i'm trying to through the game pre-game screen, so someone tries to double jungle
---
IGN: pigpenwc43
#2LurkerkillerPosted 4/4/2013 4:58:42 PM
You don't have to absolutely do anything.

But if you don't run smite good luck defending the enemy jungler from stealing your buffs if they have it warded or even worse, dragons and barons.
---
LoL NA: Lurkerkiller
SC2 NA: Lurkerkiller.301
#3zeppelin312Posted 4/4/2013 5:00:55 PM
yes, you have to use it
#4mantana888Posted 4/4/2013 5:01:19 PM(edited)
Lurkerkiller posted...
You don't have to absolutely do anything.

But if you don't run smite good luck defending the enemy jungler from stealing your buffs if they have it warded or even worse, dragons and barons.

This. Any enemy jungler with half a brain will steal every single buff, dragon, and Baron you try to take. Unless you're Nunu. Or Cho post-6. But even they should still take smite.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
g-cube's Vice President of Cakes.
#5Susan0Posted 4/4/2013 5:01:03 PM
GG Jungler no smite. Baron stolen GG
---
Akali is mai Waifu desu~
Peace is at the end of my blade, FOOL
#6OctilIeryPosted 4/4/2013 5:01:19 PM
If you want to be good, yes.

A jungler doesn't NEED it, many can jungle without it.

However, smite makes jungling FASTER and SAFER.

If you're jungling with smite, you take less damage, are harder to steal from, finish faster, and have more options - all make it harder to screw you over.
---
Fresh from my first justified ban. Ever!
#7BIadeBIadePosted 4/4/2013 5:07:24 PM
Yes, you do. If I'm playing against a smiteless jungler, I will ward your red and blue and never let you have a single buff after your first one.
---
League of Legends - Zantoma
PSO2 JP - Rasmolov @ Ship 10
#8Hyper InfernoPosted 4/4/2013 5:10:14 PM
No smite is hoping the other team's jungler won't have smite, or another huge damage nuke they can use to steal Baron or Dragons.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#9centurion911Posted 4/4/2013 5:12:10 PM
If you don't use smite then you're giving up buff, dragon, and baron control.

You're a huge detriment to your team if you don't take smite
---
Resident Zed, Irelia, and Rumble player
#10ssj4supervegetaPosted 4/4/2013 5:14:08 PM
It depends

if you're not at a decent skill level or are playing against people who are then by all means, dont take it

it destroys your clear times and if i noticed the enemy jungler didnt have smite you'd probably not got any of your buffs and i wouldnt be scared to take dragon with you around o.o
---
LoL summoner: Vejitables
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!