No such thing as a KS

#1JuliMizrahiPosted 4/4/2013 9:38:44 PM(edited)
It's true. There is no such thing as stealing a kill. There are only kills for the team. The only thing kills matter for is gold. You get gold for kills, assists, breaking towers, Dragon, breaking streaks, etc. Now, lets look at what most consider "KS".

Player A has been pummeling Enemy A for a bit and got them low.
Player B shows up and throws out one attack for the kill.
Player B gets credit for the kill and Player A gets an assist.

Now, here's the problem. A kill is worth 300 gold. An assist is worth 100 gold. Yes, in the above situation, Player A got 200 gold less than they would have gotten. However, what would have happened if Player B hadn't sent off that attack? The whole team would have gotten 100 gold less because the assist credit wouldn't have been there at all.

Does it matter who got the kill at that point? What matters is that an enemy champion was destroyed and will be out of the fight for at least 30 seconds.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#2NoodleStudPosted 4/4/2013 9:34:51 PM
I actually care about my KDA but I don't care about kills alone.
Win rate then KDA!
#3frozenphantomPosted 4/4/2013 9:35:44 PM
While I mostly agree with you, I'll point out that Assist money is divided evenly among the assisting players. If 4 teammates get an assist, they will each only get 25g.
---
SSBB friend code: 1633 3855 4864
#4JuliMizrahi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:36:39 PM
KDA means nothing. It's only a point of arrogance. If you play primarily tanky characters your kills will probably be higher than someone who primarily plays support characters.
---
There are no stupid questions. Just pointless questions asked in incredibly stupid ways.
#5JuliMizrahi(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:39:11 PM
frozenphantom posted...
While I mostly agree with you, I'll point out that Assist money is divided evenly among the assisting players. If 4 teammates get an assist, they will each only get 25g.
noted and corrected
---
#6Lloyd_BlankfeinPosted 4/4/2013 9:40:08 PM
More often than not, a KSer takes a kill when it is pretty obvious that the guy who got the enemy down to that point is able to finish the job himself.

For me, KSing is only a problem if the KSer has way more kills than the guy who he stole the kill from. To win in LoL, you generally need a balanced team. If one guy has all the kills, the team tends to lose.

Many argue that supports shouldn't get any kills, but I think that having 5ish by the end of the game is fair. They gotta buy stuff too.
---
I like shorts. They are comfy and easy to wear.
Http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/7485/2nis0oxjpg.png
#72Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 4/4/2013 9:40:37 PM
What about when a teammate unnecessarily wastes ults or summoners just to take the kill?
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#8Hyper InfernoPosted 4/4/2013 9:41:27 PM
Your math is wrong. An assist is worth half the gold the kill is worth, split among all members who get assists. So if someone is worth 400 gold (during first blood), then there's 200 gold split among all the people assisting.

During laning during a 3v1 dive or something, the person who gets the kill matters slightly more since the 300 gold does make a difference over the 75 (or 150) from an assist in order to snowball that lane a bit more.

Later in the game, getting the death timer is probably more important than feeding gold.

Something important about killing at all stages in the game is transferring buffs. If two of you are going after an enemy with buffs and one of you already has it, if possible, it'd be better to give the buffs to the other, especially if that person is laning. Buffs can really snowball a lane.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#9Gladiator28Posted 4/4/2013 9:43:16 PM
The main problem is that the 300 gold might be more useful on a certain champion as opposed to someone else.

I see this all the time with ADCs and Supports. Did the Taric really need to use his W? Sure, I understand that a support with some extra gold is always good, but what if that 300 gold would help the ADC get that first important item?

It's always a tough call, and the situation always differs. I think "KSing" exists, but it's a rarer occurrence then people think.
---
LoL - Jokmor
GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
#10twopoundcowPosted 4/4/2013 9:44:49 PM
Gladiator28 posted...

It's always a tough call, and the situation always differs. I think "KSing" exists, but it's a rarer occurrence then people think.

Definitely this. There are situations where you can get annoyed with it.

The example of a support taking an already sure thing kill is the best.

People need to stop calling every little thing a ks, though. I'm glad I don't generally get matched up with people like that anymore.