People who insist on call order in ranked need to be permabanned.

#11_Yag_Posted 4/5/2013 5:40:33 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
Susan0 posted...
People need to stop being selfish and learn to fill a role.

If a role is already called, and there is only one role left, deal with it, take it and do your best even if it's not your best role

It's only for this game, just deal with it, and stop being a hindrance to your team, and spoiling a possibly fun game

I agree if it a normal game.

When it a rank game (especially a promotion game), I see why people want to be the champ/role they are good at.)

you should be good at enough champions/roles that you can fill before you ever go into ranked in the first place.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#12lightdragoon88Posted 4/5/2013 5:42:27 AM
_Yag_ posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
Susan0 posted...

If a role is already called, and there is only one role left, deal with it, take it and do your best even if it's not your best role

It's only for this game, just deal with it, and stop being a hindrance to your team, and spoiling a possibly fun game

When it a rank game (especially a promotion game), I see why people want to be the champ/role they are good at.)

you should be good at enough champions/roles that you can fill before you ever go into ranked in the first place.

But no matter what, there is still one role/champ you will be the best at.
---
My favorite League of Legend Champion: http://i.imgur.com/xx0hSNV.png
http://i.imgur.com/Q7BrWKG.png
#13tranquilizerrrPosted 4/5/2013 5:47:02 AM
It should be pick order. Sure first pick can pick the supp champ with intention of trading but they should get to pick whatever they want if they choose to do so.
---
Talk is cheap.
#14QueenKarinjaPosted 4/5/2013 5:47:22 AM
lightdragoon88 posted...
_Yag_ posted...
lightdragoon88 posted...
Susan0 posted...

But no matter what, there is still one role/champ you will be the best at.

Yes, the best advice pros/Riot gives you is to let everyone go their best role. Of course that is not always possible, but that's why you have champ select to discuss what you can and cannot do and ideally, everyone should cooperate. Yes, first pick gets to pick first but if it's a serious game (AKA "HEY GUYS I'M TRYING TO WIN"), then everyone will be more focused on roles and who can do what instead of call order/first pick. What I do if I see I'm last pick is just say "Anything but jungle," to let my team know I'll fill any of the other four roles. If I'm first? I call the role I'd prefer to do and see what my team has to say about it. I think that's fair enough.
---
I don't normally use this site, but when I do, I make sure to noob it up. <3
#15iuykytrPosted 4/5/2013 5:52:40 AM
How am I supposed to carry myself up though if the idiots who've been in gold longer than me get 1st and 2cnd pick? I always call my roll and so far I've gotten from bronze V to gold II and I'm still going
---
" i got a big bag of crabs here, and ima put em in my mouth"
#16Doc_HellraiserPosted 4/5/2013 6:03:59 AM
I agree with the OP. Calling roles leads to getting counterpicked because the later pick insists on role X when the enemy already picked it, thus forcing you to pick a role no team picked yet and thus making you get counterpicked.

You pick what is best when you get to pick depending on what is banned and picked already. You need to be able to fill in any role. You can afford to specialize in a role if you play 5-man premades, not when you get a random team out of random people in solo queue.

I'm a terrible jungler, does that mean I call every role but jungle and pick that even when I'm second pick and out first is a support? No. I pick that and try to get better at it and not be a hindrance to our team. It fails half of the time (or the laners fail and I can't carry them even if I do good) but until I get better at jungling it is clear I don't deserve to be ranked higher. Your ranked standing in solo queue should after all measure how good of a league player are you overall, not how good of a mid or top you are while ignoring the rest.
---
Still waiting for: Half-life 2: episode 3, Wasteland 2.
#17SpacefrisianPosted 4/5/2013 6:14:48 AM
I picked support as 2nd pick today, no other role was claimed, but someone has to babysit the team.

Oh opponent had Blitz and he missed 75% of his grabs or grabbed me or Garen. Looked funny.
---
Lets move mountains or mount movements.
#18MetleonPosted 4/5/2013 6:23:28 AM
Reason #105 why I don't play ranked. You rarely see these people in Blind Pick.
---
Generation 30: The first time you see this, copy it into your own signature (on any forum) and add one to the generation number. Social experiment.
#19aznjdudePosted 4/5/2013 6:25:58 AM
Metleon posted...
Reason #105 why I don't play ranked. You rarely see these people in Blind Pick.

Yeah it becomes mid or feed
---
"I had a Best Buy employee come up to me and try to convince me to buy the "Sony Wii".
Pokemon Black FC - 472776788756
#20angermngment101Posted 4/5/2013 6:26:11 AM
people who insist on pick order should be permabanned.
---
Gamefax