People who insist on call order in ranked need to be permabanned.

#41SideshowBob311Posted 4/5/2013 9:16:07 AM
I think "insisting" on call order is ridiculous, but I definitely throw out a "I CAN jungle, but I'm pretty bad at it and we stand a much better chance at winning if someone else does it" whenever I have a later pick.

Is that being toxic?
---
"Whether or not you can handle it, you have just heard another statement of the TRUTH."
[WoT] - [Evil Republican]
#42shadyelfPosted 4/5/2013 9:19:45 AM
^No

I do that too, ask for mid or w/e as last pick. If I get it, great. If I don't, I fill. You want to at least try to get the role you're good at if you wanna carry but take whatever is left if you're last pick.
---
?
#43Gravis_MortorumPosted 4/5/2013 9:28:21 AM
SideshowBob311 posted...
I think "insisting" on call order is ridiculous, but I definitely throw out a "I CAN jungle, but I'm pretty bad at it and we stand a much better chance at winning if someone else does it" whenever I have a later pick.

Is that being toxic?

Nah, not toxic till you get the the "ONLY MID OR I FEED!!!1!!!" level... and boy do those people suck. Glad I'm in Gold and don't have to deal with them as much anymore.
#44spudsaltPosted 4/5/2013 9:31:06 AM
People who complain about call order usually can't fill roles for their team.
#45gfshynoblPosted 4/5/2013 9:35:07 AM
I had a first pick take adc, when I already called it
went trydnamere bot when 0/8
gg
I wonder if it was TC
---
EL fudge Mph:Africabot LoL:best ashe africa
#46Gravis_MortorumPosted 4/5/2013 9:36:39 AM
spudsalt posted...
People who complain about call order usually can't fill roles for their team.

Same can be said for people who demand roles. They're crying for them for a reason: Because they suck.
Anyone who thinks call order matters is a moron. Wy would typing three letters faster than anyone else mean you get a role? Are we now basing lanes and picks off of whom has the highest words per minute typing?
#47Gravis_MortorumPosted 4/5/2013 9:37:25 AM
gfshynobl posted...
I had a first pick take adc, when I already called it
went trydnamere bot when 0/8
gg
I wonder if it was TC

You're so bad. Calls mean nothing. The sooner you accept that and learn to fill down the line, the sooner you won't be garbage tier bronze.
#48Dracovian(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:27:03 AM(edited)
Look, what I am saying is that it's one thing to say something like "adc pref" or whatever to let the others know the role you feel you are best with but if somebody has a higher pick and gets your role, then you have to make due with what is available.

Picking a Mid after we already had a Mid and then saying "two mid then" it's obviously going to increase the chance of losing by a huge margin. I was 1-1 and with that loss I lost my promotion series through no fault of my own. How I played had nothing to do with the outcome of that match. This needs to be addressed with an iron fist by Riot or else it will continue to happen.

I don't know about the rest of you but when I lose, I want to lose because I got beat by a better team, not because some idiot can only play a single role and still decided to go into ranked games.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House
#49Gravis_MortorumPosted 4/5/2013 10:27:47 AM
Dracovian posted...
Look what I am saying is that it's one thing to say something like "adc pref" or whatever to let the others know the role you feel you are best with but if somebody has a higher pick and gets your role, then you have to make due with what is available.

Picking a Mid after we already had a Mid and then saying "two mid then" it's obviously going to increase the chance of losing by a huge margin. I was 1-1 and with that loss I lost my promotion series through no fault of my own. How I played had nothing to do with the outcome of that match. This needs to be addressed with an iron fist by Riot or else it will continue to happen.

I don't know about the rest of you but when I lose, I want to lose because I got beat by a better team, not because some idiot can only play a single role and still decided to go into ranked games.

The people that like call order will never agree. Apparently, being a fast typer means you have mad skillz and get to be whatever role you want, always. By their broken logic, anyways. Call order folk are morons, and will never accept that picking what the team needs when your turn comes up is the best way to win.
#50Dracovian(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 10:30:21 AM
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
Dracovian posted...
Look what I am saying is that it's one thing to say something like "adc pref" or whatever to let the others know the role you feel you are best with but if somebody has a higher pick and gets your role, then you have to make due with what is available.

The people that like call order will never agree. Apparently, being a fast typer means you have mad skillz and get to be whatever role you want, always. By their broken logic, anyways. Call order folk are morons, and will never accept that picking what the team needs when your turn comes up is the best way to win.

Exactly. Players need to be able to fill any role if they want to be in ranked solo queue period. If they can only do one thing then they need to get 4 other people and play 5v5.
---
"It's a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what." - Dr. House