Riot: please, give us a male AP mid

#111EgoMouse32Posted 4/7/2013 12:32:35 AM
...*facepalms at reading through these replies*
You should demand a male ap mid on the LoL site rather than here. I don't think Riot would really read here?
No problems with not playing fat people/yordles/females, though its a fantasy game so its hard to meet even the condition of a regular male character that isn't overmasculine and such.
#112WhitbanePosted 4/8/2013 6:05:15 AM
MEGAsoldier posted...
Brt83 posted...
I agree with the need of a new male ap mid, i dont understand (maybe i dont get INTO the game as much as TC) the need for non female/yordle but i respect it.

The thing i wanted to ask really, is what is MLP? Major league poker? i honestly dont know.

My Little Pony

Well, I've had my fill of laughs for the day. Thanks guys.
---
-Insert Sig Here-
#113Doom2006Posted 4/8/2013 6:37:57 AM
I don't like playing Yordles, Fat people, or Females because I find them visually unappealing and impossible to relate to. I don't like placing myself into the body of any of those things.

Guess what?

You're not placing yourself into the body of anything. Shocking, I know.

If you really need anything to back up this obvious statement, the lore backs up the idea that we're not taking on the roles of the characters we play. The players are literally called summoners for a reason.
---
"Deadly Premonition is the worst game I have ever played. Vampire Rain was better than this."- Arucard06
#114YourLuckPosted 4/8/2013 6:55:44 AM
Doom2006 posted...
I don't like playing Yordles, Fat people, or Females because I find them visually unappealing and impossible to relate to. I don't like placing myself into the body of any of those things.

Guess what?

If you really need anything to back up this obvious statement, the lore backs up the idea that we're not taking on the roles of the characters we play. The players are literally called summoners for a reason.

Don't bother, he'll just find some excuse to justify not playing a non-humanoid ap male mid.

On a side note, if you've played everyone and against every role, why don't you quit? Better than forcing yourself to try and have fun. Unless I misread somewhere. Then try another role, like support. Yes, support in solo que.
---
A familiar note is produced.
It's the note Desolation plays to keep its instrument in tune
#115MEGAsoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2013 9:27:14 AM
Doom2006 posted...

Guess what?

*sigh*

I don't know how to explain this more clearly than I already have, so I will dumb this down in a way that a 2nd grader could understand it.

The point of a video game is to experience something that you could not experience in you daily life. For Example: Every successful Video Game ever made. "Mowing your Backyard 2013" is never going to be a successful game.

Now that we have that idea established, lets move on to the medium in which this is done. More often than not, especially for this game, this idea is established through the characters of the game. You will notice that every character has some kind of power in this game. Nobody would want to play a champion called "Sam the Fisherman" in which his only ability is to punch 3 feet in front of him.

People who play this game pick their champions based on a criteria: The way the look, their play style, or how well they can do with them (More often than not this is how high tier the champion is, or FOTM) are. You will notice none of these reasonings have anything to do with "A Summoner". As you play the game, you will see there is literally no mention of a summoner, no image of a summoner, really no evidence of a summoner. The closest you come to this is specific champions will mention "Summoner". This is solely just a lore thing that is used to make the story of this game make any sort of sense. You will see that in none of my posts I mention "I connect to a character because of their lore".

The criteria I use is based on the first two I mentioned, play style and appearance.